Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] Teach `--default` to `git-config(1)`

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 19:58:45 -0700

Hi,

Attached is a fourth re-roll of my series to add "--default" and
"--type=color" to "git config" in order to replace:

  $ git config --get-color <variable> [default]

with

  $ git config [--default=<default>] --type=color <variable>

Since the last revision, I have:

  - Rebased it upon the latest changes from my series to add
    "--type=<type>" in favor of "--<type>".

  - Fixed various incorrect hunks mentioning "--color" (which does not
    exist), cc: Eric, Junio.

  - Fixed referencing "slot" when the correct spelling is "variable".
    cc: Junio.

As always, thank you for your helpful feedback. This process is still
new to me, so I appreciate an extra degree of scrutiny :-).

I am hopeful that this series is ready for queueing.

Thanks,
Taylor

Taylor Blau (3):
  builtin/config: introduce `--default`
  config.c: introduce 'git_config_color' to parse ANSI colors
  builtin/config: introduce `color` type specifier

 Documentation/git-config.txt | 14 +++++++++----
 builtin/config.c             | 33 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 config.c                     | 10 ++++++++++
 config.h                     |  1 +
 t/t1300-repo-config.sh       | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t1310-config-default.sh    | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 122 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t1310-config-default.sh

--
2.17.0