Subject: [PATCH 00/15] nd/pack-objects-pack-struct update

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 17:34:58 +0200

This is basically a resend from the last round but rebased on latest
master to take advantage of new object-store and oid changes.
One minor change is t/README now mentions about git-config when a
variable accepts a boolean value.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (15):
  read-cache.c: make $GIT_TEST_SPLIT_INDEX boolean
  pack-objects: a bit of document about struct object_entry
  pack-objects: turn type and in_pack_type to bitfields
  pack-objects: use bitfield for object_entry::dfs_state
  pack-objects: use bitfield for object_entry::depth
  pack-objects: move in_pack_pos out of struct object_entry
  pack-objects: move in_pack out of struct object_entry
  pack-objects: refer to delta objects by index instead of pointer
  pack-objects: shrink z_delta_size field in struct object_entry
  pack-objects: don't check size when the object is bad
  pack-objects: clarify the use of object_entry::size
  pack-objects: shrink size field in struct object_entry
  pack-objects: shrink delta_size field in struct object_entry
  pack-objects: reorder members to shrink struct object_entry
  ci: exercise the whole test suite with uncommon code in pack-objects

 Documentation/config.txt           |   4 +-
 Documentation/git-pack-objects.txt |   4 +-
 Documentation/git-repack.txt       |   4 +-
 builtin/pack-objects.c             | 364 +++++++++++++++++++----------
 cache.h                            |   2 +
 ci/run-build-and-tests.sh          |   5 +-
 object-store.h                     |   1 +
 object.h                           |   1 -
 pack-bitmap-write.c                |  14 +-
 pack-bitmap.c                      |   2 +-
 pack-bitmap.h                      |   4 +-
 pack-objects.c                     |  68 ++++++
 pack-objects.h                     | 314 +++++++++++++++++++++++--
 read-cache.c                       |   4 +-
 t/README                           |  22 ++
 t/t5300-pack-object.sh             |   5 +
 16 files changed, 654 insertions(+), 164 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.367.g5dd2e386c3