Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Use the diff.rename configuration for git status

From: "Eckhard S. Maaß" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 11:34:20 +0200

Hello,

I have been irritated that the output of git status does not adhere to
the same diff settings than the other commands like git show. I think it
is more of an oversight and git status is also intended to show the same
kind of rename detection (without any more options passed a long the
command line) than other similar commands do. This patch should fix that
issue.

I am aware that this change would also change how the porcelain
variations of git status behave for rename detection. However, I could
not find any hints that the rename detection should be fixed. As the
default would not change (50% rename threshold), this still seems
reasonable to me.

As for documentation, I am unsure what and where to add: for me it seems
like git status should already behave that way, but it is a change and
so far none else seemed to have brought it up.

Greetings,
Eckhard

Eckhard S. Maaß (1):
  wt-status: use rename settings from init_diff_ui_defaults

 builtin/commit.c       |  2 +-
 t/t4001-diff-rename.sh | 12 ++++++++++++
 wt-status.c            |  4 ----
 3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.252.gfe0a9eaf31