Subject: [PATCH 0/9] get_short_oid UI improvements

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 22:07:25 +0000

I started out just wanting to do 04/09 so I'd get prettier output, but
then noticed that ^{tag}, ^{commit}< ^{blob} and ^{tree} didn't behave
as expected with the disambiguation output, and that core.disambiguate
had never been documented.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (9):
  sha1-name.c: remove stray newline
  sha1-array.h: align function arguments
  sha1-name.c: move around the collect_ambiguous() function
  get_short_oid: sort ambiguous objects by type, then SHA-1
  get_short_oid: learn to disambiguate by ^{tag}
  get_short_oid: learn to disambiguate by ^{blob}
  get_short_oid / peel_onion: ^{tree} should mean tree, not treeish
  get_short_oid / peel_onion: ^{tree} should mean commit, not commitish
  config doc: document core.disambiguate

 Documentation/config.txt            | 14 ++++++
 cache.h                             |  5 ++-
 sha1-array.c                        | 15 +++++++
 sha1-array.h                        |  7 ++-
 sha1-name.c                         | 69 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 t/t1512-rev-parse-disambiguation.sh | 32 ++++++++++---
 6 files changed, 120 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.290.gded63e768a