Subject: [PATCH v3 00/12] get_short_oid UI improvements

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 18:40:04 +0000

Comments inline:

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (12):
  sha1-name.c: remove stray newline

No changes.

  sha1-array.h: align function arguments

Mention the correct commit to blame for disalignment in the commit
message, and also fix it in the *.c file.

  git-p4: change "commitish" typo to "committish"

No changes.

  cache.h: add comment explaining the order in object_type

Trivial commit message rewording.

  sha1-name.c: move around the collect_ambiguous() function

No changes.

  get_short_oid: sort ambiguous objects by type, then SHA-1

The biggest change in v3 is the no change at all to the code, but a
lengthy explanation of why I didn't go for Derrick's simpler
implementation. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I felt uneasy
offloading undocumented (or if I documented it, it would only be for
this one edge-case) magic on the oid_array API. Instead I'm just
making this patch a bit more complex.

  get_short_oid: learn to disambiguate by ^{tag}
  get_short_oid: learn to disambiguate by ^{blob}
  get_short_oid / peel_onion: ^{tree} should be tree, not treeish
  get_short_oid / peel_onion: ^{commit} should be commit, not committish
  config doc: document core.disambiguate
  get_short_oid: document & warn if we ignore the type selector

No changes except one trivial commit message formatting fix.

 Documentation/config.txt                  | 17 +++++
 Documentation/technical/api-oid-array.txt | 17 +++--
 cache.h                                   | 13 +++-
 git-p4.py                                 |  6 +-
 sha1-array.c                              | 21 +++++-
 sha1-array.h                              |  7 +-
 sha1-name.c                               | 80 +++++++++++++++++++----
 t/t1512-rev-parse-disambiguation.sh       | 58 +++++++++++++---
 8 files changed, 184 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.290.gded63e768a