Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add --progress and --dissociate to git submodule

From: Casey Fitzpatrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 20:55:25 -0400

These patches add --progress and --dissociate options to git submodule.

The --progress option existed beforehand, but only for the update command and
it was left undocumented.

Both add and update submodule commands supported --reference, but not its pair
option --dissociate which allows for independent clones rather than depending
on the reference.

This is a resubmission with comments from Stefan Beller and Eric Sunshine
addressed.

Casey Fitzpatrick (3):
  submodule: clean up subsititions in script
  submodule: add --progress option to add command
  submodule: add --dissociate option to add/update commands

 Documentation/git-submodule.txt | 17 ++++++++++++++++-
 builtin/submodule--helper.c     | 16 +++++++++++++---
 git-submodule.sh                | 21 ++++++++++++++++-----
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh      | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 t/t7408-submodule-reference.sh  | 17 +++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.1.ge0414f29c.dirty