Subject: [PATCH v2 00/12] Integrate commit-graph into fsck and gc

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 21:15:14 +0000

I'm sending this v2 re-roll rather quickly after the previous version
because Martin provided a framework to add tests to the 'verify'
subcommand. I took that framework and added tests for the other checks
of the commit-graph data. This also found some interesting things about
the command:

1. There were some segfaults because we were not checking for bad data
   carefully enough.

2. To avoid segfaults, we will now terminate the check early if we find
   problems earlier in the file, such as in the header, or OID lookup.

3. We were not writing newlines between reports. This now happens by
   default in graph_report().

The integration into 'fetch' is dropped (thanks Ævar!).

Derrick Stolee (12):
  commit-graph: add 'verify' subcommand
  commit-graph: verify file header information
  commit-graph: test that 'verify' finds corruption
  commit-graph: parse commit from chosen graph
  commit-graph: verify fanout and lookup table
  commit: force commit to parse from object database
  commit-graph: load a root tree from specific graph
  commit-graph: verify commit contents against odb
  fsck: verify commit-graph
  commit-graph: add '--reachable' option
  gc: automatically write commit-graph files
  commit-graph: update design document

 Documentation/config.txt                 |   6 +
 Documentation/git-commit-graph.txt       |  14 ++-
 Documentation/git-fsck.txt               |   3 +
 Documentation/git-gc.txt                 |   4 +
 Documentation/technical/commit-graph.txt |  22 ----
 builtin/commit-graph.c                   |  81 ++++++++++++-
 builtin/fsck.c                           |  21 ++++
 builtin/gc.c                             |   8 ++
 commit-graph.c                           | 199 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 commit-graph.h                           |   2 +
 commit.c                                 |  13 +-
 commit.h                                 |   1 +
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh                  | 173 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 13 files changed, 509 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

base-commit: 34fdd433396ee0e3ef4de02eb2189f8226eafe4e
-- 
2.16.2.329.gfb62395de6