Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] fsck: doc fixes & fetch.fsck.* implementation

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 19:28:06 +0000

This should address all the comments to v1. Inter-diff:
    
    1: a9cd795db5 ! 1: 3d61e44cb8 config doc: don't describe *.fetchObjects twice
        @@ -1,10 +1,6 @@
         Author: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
         
             config doc: don't describe *.fetchObjects twice
        -    
        -    Change the copy/pasted description of the fetch.fsckObjects and
        -    receive.fsckObjects variables to refer to transfer.fsckObjects
        -    instead.
             
             Let's not duplicate the description of what *.fsckObjects does twice.
             instead let's refer to transfer.fsckObjects from both fetch.* and
    2: 637c2d4241 ! 2: 9683fd2ec6 config doc: unify the description of fsck.* and receive.fsck.*
        @@ -64,21 +64,21 @@
         +unless someone is being deliberately malicious.
          
          fsck.skipList::
        --	The path to a sorted list of object names (i.e. one SHA-1 per
        + 	The path to a sorted list of object names (i.e. one SHA-1 per
         -	line) that are known to be broken in a non-fatal way and should
         -	be ignored. This feature is useful when an established project
         -	should be accepted despite early commits containing errors that
         -	can be safely ignored such as invalid committer email addresses.
         -	Note: corrupt objects cannot be skipped with this setting.
        -+	Like `fsck.<msg-id>` this variable has a corresponding
        -+	`receive.fsck.skipList` variant.
        ++	line) that are known to be broken in a non-fatal way and
        ++	should be ignored. This feature is useful when an established
        ++	project should be accepted despite early commits containing
        ++	errors that can be safely ignored such as invalid committer
        ++	email addresses. Note: corrupt objects cannot be skipped with
        ++	this setting.
         ++
        -+The path to a sorted list of object names (i.e. one SHA-1 per line)
        -+that are known to be broken in a non-fatal way and should be
        -+ignored. This feature is useful when an established project should be
        -+accepted despite early commits containing errors that can be safely
        -+ignored such as invalid committer email addresses. Note: corrupt
        -+objects cannot be skipped with this setting.
        ++Like `fsck.<msg-id>` this variable has a corresponding
        ++`receive.fsck.skipList` variant.
          
          gc.aggressiveDepth::
          	The depth parameter used in the delta compression
    3: 55dc555196 < -:  ------- config doc: elaborate on what transfer.fsckObjects does
    -:  ------- > 3: 8e9646a6ce config doc: elaborate on what transfer.fsckObjects does
    -:  ------- > 4: 2b3aafdfde config doc: mention future aspirations for transfer.fsckObjects
    4: 13f4d994c0 ! 5: be32b19696 fetch: implement fetch.fsck.*
        @@ -67,16 +67,16 @@
          When `fsck.<msg-id>` is set, errors can be switched to warnings and
          vice versa by configuring the `fsck.<msg-id>` setting where the
         @@
        - unless someone is being deliberately malicious.
        - 
        - fsck.skipList::
        --	Like `fsck.<msg-id>` this variable has a corresponding
        --	`receive.fsck.skipList` variant.
        -+	Like `fsck.<msg-id>` this variable has corresponding
        -+	`receive.fsck.skipList` and `fetch.fsck.skipList` variants.
        + 	email addresses. Note: corrupt objects cannot be skipped with
        + 	this setting.
          +
        - The path to a sorted list of object names (i.e. one SHA-1 per line)
        - that are known to be broken in a non-fatal way and should be
        +-Like `fsck.<msg-id>` this variable has a corresponding
        +-`receive.fsck.skipList` variant.
        ++Like `fsck.<msg-id>` this variable has corresponding
        ++`receive.fsck.skipList` and `fetch.fsck.skipList` variants.
        + 
        + gc.aggressiveDepth::
        + 	The depth parameter used in the delta compression
         
         diff --git a/fetch-pack.c b/fetch-pack.c
         --- a/fetch-pack.c

The "mention future aspirations for transfer.fsckObjects" patch is
new. I've split up the "we're probably going to quarantine fetches
too" part of this.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (5):
  config doc: don't describe *.fetchObjects twice
  config doc: unify the description of fsck.* and receive.fsck.*
  config doc: elaborate on what transfer.fsckObjects does
  config doc: mention future aspirations for transfer.fsckObjects
  fetch: implement fetch.fsck.*

 Documentation/config.txt        | 112 ++++++++++++++++++++------------
 fetch-pack.c                    |  32 ++++++++-
 t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh |  46 +++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 148 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.290.gded63e768a