Subject: [PATCH 0/4] color.ui docs & add color.ui=isatty

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 21:06:37 +0000

I started writing this for the reasons explained in 4/4, but the
justification there is a bit of a stretch. Where we'd realistically
like to diverge color.ui=auto and color.pager=false, but since I wrote
it already maybe some people will come out of the woodworks telling me
that this is what they've always wanted for whatever reason.

Maybe if we don't like 4/4 we should take 3/4 because we might want
another such option in the future, but that's probably overly hedging
our bets, still. I really don't like this pattern that we have a
multi-value config option that dies instead of warns on unknown future
values, so I'm leaning towards saying that should be accepted to git.

But while I was working towards 4/4 I did some nice fixes in [12]/4. I
think those should go in regardless, so they're non-RFC.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (4):
  config doc: move color.ui documentation to one place
  config doc: clarify "to a terminal" in color.ui
  color.ui config: don't die on unknown values
  color.ui config: add "isatty" setting

 Documentation/config.txt | 100 +++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 color.c                  |  25 ++++++++--
 color.h                  |   1 +
 t/t7006-pager.sh         |  31 ++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 107 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.290.gded63e768a