Subject: Re: GDPR compliance best practices?

From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 14:18:07 -0400

On Sun, Jun 03, 2018 at 07:46:17PM +0200, Peter Backes wrote:
> 
> Let's be honest: We do not know what legitimization exactly in each 
> specific case the git metadata is being distributed under.

It seems like you are engaging in something even more dangerous than a
hardware engineering pretending they know how program, or a software
engineer knowing how to use as oldering iron --- and that's a
programmer pretending they know enough that they can speculate on the
law.

I would gently suggest that if you really want to engage in something
practical than speculating how the GPDR compliance will work out in
actual practice, that you contact a lawyer and get official legal
advice?

After getting that advice, if you or your company wants to implemnt,
you can then send patches, and those can get debated using the usual
patch submission process.

Cheers,

					- Ted