Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Fix "the_index" usage in unpack-trees.c

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 17:43:28 +0200

This is a potential problem that is exposed after Brandon kicked
the_index out of dir.c (big thanks!) and could be seen as a
continuation of bw/dir-c-stops-relying-on-the-index. Also thanks to
Elijah for helping analyze this code.

The last patch may be debatable. If we go this route, we may end up
with plenty of "#define NO_THIS" and "#define NO_THAT" until we
finally achieve "#define THIS_IS_TRUE_LIB_CODE" many years later.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (6):
  unpack-trees: remove 'extern' on function declaration
  unpack-trees: add a note about path invalidation
  unpack-trees: don't shadow global var the_index
  unpack-tress: convert clear_ce_flags* to avoid the_index
  unpack-trees: avoid the_index in verify_absent()
  Forbid "the_index" in dir.c and unpack-trees.c

 cache.h        |  2 ++
 dir.c          |  2 ++
 unpack-trees.c | 55 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 unpack-trees.h |  4 ++--
 4 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.0.rc0.333.g22e6ee6cdf