Subject: [PATCH 0/8] ref-in-want

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:51:36 -0700

This series adds the ref-in-want feature which was originally proposed
by Jonathan Tan
(https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/).

Back when ref-in-want was first discussed it was decided that we should
first solve the issue of moving to a new wire format and find a way to
limit the ref-advertisement before moving forward with ref-in-want.  Now
that protocol version 2 is a reality, and that refs can be filtered on
the server side, we can revisit ref-in-want.

This version of ref-in-want is a bit more restrictive than what Jonathan
originally proposed (only full ref names are allowed instead of globs
and OIDs), but it is meant to accomplish the same goal (solve the issues
of refs changing during negotiation).

Brandon Williams (8):
  test-pkt-line: add unpack-sideband subcommand
  upload-pack: implement ref-in-want
  upload-pack: test negotiation with changing repository
  fetch: refactor the population of peer ref OIDs
  fetch: refactor fetch_refs into two functions
  fetch: refactor to make function args narrower
  fetch-pack: put shallow info in output parameter
  fetch-pack: implement ref-in-want

 Documentation/config.txt                |   4 +
 Documentation/technical/protocol-v2.txt |  28 ++-
 builtin/clone.c                         |   4 +-
 builtin/fetch.c                         | 126 +++++++-----
 fetch-object.c                          |   2 +-
 fetch-pack.c                            |  52 +++--
 remote.c                                |   1 +
 remote.h                                |   1 +
 t/helper/test-pkt-line.c                |  37 ++++
 t/lib-httpd.sh                          |   1 +
 t/lib-httpd/apache.conf                 |   8 +
 t/lib-httpd/one-time-sed.sh             |  16 ++
 t/t5703-upload-pack-ref-in-want.sh      | 245 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 transport-helper.c                      |   6 +-
 transport-internal.h                    |   9 +-
 transport.c                             |  34 +++-
 transport.h                             |   3 +-
 upload-pack.c                           |  64 +++++++
 18 files changed, 564 insertions(+), 77 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/lib-httpd/one-time-sed.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t5703-upload-pack-ref-in-want.sh

-- 
2.17.1.1185.g55be947832-goog