Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 1/2] docs: reflect supported fetch options of git pull

From: Rafael Ascensão <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 21:46:07 +0100

On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 06:05:56PM +0200, Duy Nguyen wrote:
> A better option may be making git-pull accept those options as well. I
> see no reason git-pull should support options that git-fetch does (at
> least most of them).

I sent this as a RFC, mostly to discuss what is the correct path to
follow. Updating the documentation was trivial and would still be useful
if nothing came out from this.

> It's basically a couple of OPT_PASSTRHU though so not very hard to do.

My impression was that in the past git was very permissive on adding new
options but nowadays it tries exercise more restraint. But not sure how
relevant this is anyways, as pull already supports the majority of the
options from both `fetch` and `merge`.

> PS. Anybody up to making parse-options accept multiple struct option
> arrays? This way we can have much better option passthru without
> specifying them again and again.

If the path is adding just couple of OPT_PASSTRHU, I could do it. But
I'll wait and see if someone picks your parse-options suggestion.

Thanks for the review.

--
Rafael Ascensão