Subject: [RFC PATCH v1] telemetry design overview (part 1)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 14:53:12 +0000

From: Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]>

I've been working to add code to Git to optionally collect telemetry data.
The goal is to be able to collect performance data from Git commands and
allow it to be aggregated over a user community to find "slow commands".

I'm going to break this up into several parts rather than sending one large
patch series.  I think it is easier to review in pieces and in stages.

Part 1 contains the overall design documentation.
Part 2 will contain the basic telemetry event mechanism and the cmd_start
and cmd_exit events.

I'll post part 2 shortly -- as soon as I can convert my tests from python
to perl.  :-)

Jeff Hostetler (1):
  telemetry: design documenation

 Documentation/technical/telemetry.txt | 475 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 475 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/technical/telemetry.txt

-- 
2.9.3