Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/3] Send more rebases through interactive machinery

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 10:13:41 -0700

This series:

  * deletes git-rebase--merge, making git-rebase--interactive handle
    those cases instead
  * adds an --am option to git rebase, and changes the rebase default
    from using git-rebase--am to git-rebase--interactive, fixing
    directory rename detection for default rebases.

However:

  * this series has several minor conflicts with ag/rebase-p in pu.
    But it's just an RFC for now; I can re-roll on top of that after
    getting some feedback.

  * this series depends on the other preparatory fixups under
      https://public-inbox.org/git/CABPp-BGxaroePB6aKWAkZeADLB7VE3y1CPy2RyNwpn=[email-masked]/
    To get this series with the preparatory fixups:

Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/newren/git rebase-new-default

Elijah Newren (3):
  git-rebase, sequencer: add a --quiet option for the interactive
    machinery
  rebase: Implement --merge via git-rebase--interactive
  git-rebase.sh: make git-rebase--interactive the default

 .gitignore                        |   1 -
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt      |  24 +++--
 Makefile                          |   1 -
 git-rebase--interactive.sh        |  14 ++-
 git-rebase--merge.sh              | 164 ------------------------------
 git-rebase.sh                     |  75 ++++++++------
 sequencer.c                       |  19 ++--
 sequencer.h                       |   1 +

Yes, there are a significant number of testcase changes below.  See
the relevant commit messages where I explain why each was changed.

 t/t3400-rebase.sh                 |   7 +-
 t/t3401-rebase-and-am-rename.sh   |  18 +++-
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh     |   2 +-
 t/t3406-rebase-message.sh         |   7 +-
 t/t3407-rebase-abort.sh           |  28 ++++-
 t/t3420-rebase-autostash.sh       |  89 +++-------------
 t/t3421-rebase-topology-linear.sh |  10 +-
 t/t3425-rebase-topology-merges.sh |  15 +--
 t/t5407-post-rewrite-hook.sh      |   5 +-
 t/t5520-pull.sh                   |   9 +-
 t/t9903-bash-prompt.sh            |  12 ++-
 19 files changed, 180 insertions(+), 321 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 git-rebase--merge.sh

-- 
2.18.0.rc1.12.g2996b9442d