Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/4] Fix occasional test failures in http tests

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:31:03 +0200

't5561-http-backend.sh' is prone to occasional failures; luckily it's
not 'git-http-backend's fault, but the test script is a bit racy.  I
won't go into the details here, patch 4/4's commit message discusses
it at length.  4/4 also fixes this issue, but I'm not particularly
happy with that fix, the note attached to that patch explains why,
along with possible alternatives, hence the RFC.

Even if we settle for a different fix, I think the first two patches
are worthy cleanups on their own right.

SZEDER Gábor (4):
  t5541: avoid empty line when truncating access log
  t/lib-httpd: add the strip_access_log() helper function
  t/lib-httpd: add minor and patch version to $HTTPD_VERSION
  t/lib-httpd: sort log based on timestamp to avoid occasional failure

 t/lib-httpd.sh              | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
 t/lib-httpd/apache.conf     |  5 +++++
 t/t5541-http-push-smart.sh  | 17 +++--------------
 t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh |  7 +------
 t/t5561-http-backend.sh     |  7 +------
 5 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.0.rc0.207.ga6211da864