Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 8/8] fetch-pack: implement ref-in-want

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 11:18:09 -0700

On 06/27, Jonathan Tan wrote:
> > +test_expect_success 'setup repos for change-while-negotiating test' '
> 
> The tests that follow are basic ref-in-want tests, not tests on a repo
> that changes during negotiation - this would be just "setup repos for
> fetch tests".

That looks like a copy-paste error.

> 
> > +test_expect_success 'fetching with exact OID' '
> > +	rm -rf local &&
> > +	cp -r "$LOCAL_PRISTINE" local &&
> > +	git -C local fetch origin $(git -C "$REPO" rev-parse d):refs/heads/actual &&
> > +
> > +	git -C "$REPO" rev-parse "d" >expected &&
> > +	git -C local rev-parse refs/heads/actual >actual &&
> > +	test_cmp expected actual
> > +'
> 
> Also verify that "want-ref refs/tags/d" is being sent over the wire, and
> not any "want ...". (If not we can't distinguish these from the usual
> non-want-ref behavior.) Same comment for the other tests.

I think your mistaken on how what this test is looking for.  no want-ref
line is going to be sent because we're requesting an exact OID here, not
a ref.  But I can add checks for want-ref in the tests that should be
sending want-ref.

> 
> Other than that (and my other comments), this patch series looks good.

-- 
Brandon Williams