Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Add merge recursive testcases with undetected conflicts

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 21:11:16 -0700

SPOILER ALERT: This series contains answers to the "fun puzzle" at
  https://public-inbox.org/git/CABPp-BFc1OLYKzS5rauOehvEugPc0oGMJp-NMEAmVMW7QR=[email-masked]/

When a merge succeeds, we expect the resulting contents to depend only
upon the trees and blobs of the branches involved and of their merge
base(s).  Unfortunately, there are currently about half a dozen cases
where the contents of a "successful" merge depend on the relative
commit timestamps of the merge bases.  Document these with testcases.

(This series came out of looking at modifying how file collision
conflict types are handled, as discussed at [1].  I discovered these
issues while working on that topic.)

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Elijah Newren (6):
  t6036: add a failed conflict detection case with symlink modify/modify
  t6036: add a failed conflict detection case with symlink add/add
  t6036: add a failed conflict detection case with submodule
    modify/modify
  t6036: add a failed conflict detection case with submodule add/add
  t6036: add a failed conflict detection case with conflicting types
  t6036: add a failed conflict detection case: regular files, different
    modes

 t/t6036-recursive-corner-cases.sh | 451 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 451 insertions(+)

-- 
2.18.0.130.gd703bbb5d