Subject: [PATCH v3] sequencer: use configured comment character

From: Aaron Schrab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 00:59:02 -0400

At 10:15 -0700 12 Jul 2018, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Aaron Schrab <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Note that the comment_line_char has already been resolved by this point,
>> even if the user has configured the comment character to be selected
>> automatically.
>
>Isn't this a slight lie?

Looking into that a bit further, it does seem like my explanation above 
was incorrect.  Here's another attempt to explain why setting 
core.commentChar=auto isn't a problem for this change.

8< -----

Use the configured comment character when generating comments about
branches in a todo list.  Failure to honor this configuration causes a
failure to parse the resulting todo list.

Setting core.commentChar to "auto" will not be honored here, and the
previously configured or default value will be used instead. But, since
the todo list will consist of only generated content, there should not
be any non-comment lines beginning with that character.

Signed-off-by: Aaron Schrab <[email-masked]>
---
 sequencer.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/sequencer.c b/sequencer.c
index 4034c0461b..caf91af29d 100644
--- a/sequencer.c
+++ b/sequencer.c
@@ -3991,7 +3991,7 @@ static int make_script_with_merges(struct pretty_print_context *pp,
 		entry = oidmap_get(&state.commit2label, &commit->object.oid);
 
 		if (entry)
-			fprintf(out, "\n# Branch %s\n", entry->string);
+			fprintf(out, "\n%c Branch %s\n", comment_line_char, entry->string);
 		else
 			fprintf(out, "\n");
 
-- 
2.18.0.419.gfe4b301394