Subject: [PATCH v3 00/23] Mark more strings for translation

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 09:49:18 +0200

v3 fixes up some other things that Junio spotted. branch-diff 

diff --git a/builtin/config.c b/builtin/config.c
index 3c26df6c48..5761a2c4ac 100644
--- a/builtin/config.c
+++ b/builtin/config.c
@@ -626,7 +626,7 @@ int cmd_config(int argc, const char **argv, const char *prefix)
 			 * location; error out even if XDG_CONFIG_HOME
 			 * is set and points at a sane location.
 			 */
-			die(_("$HOME is not set"));
+			die(_("$HOME not set"));
 
 		if (access_or_warn(user_config, R_OK, 0) &&
 		    xdg_config && !access_or_warn(xdg_config, R_OK, 0)) {
diff --git a/builtin/pack-objects.c b/builtin/pack-objects.c
index 6b778b0a82..37d63f6721 100644
--- a/builtin/pack-objects.c
+++ b/builtin/pack-objects.c
@@ -148,8 +148,13 @@ static void *get_delta(struct object_entry *entry)
 		    oid_to_hex(&DELTA(entry)->idx.oid));
 	delta_buf = diff_delta(base_buf, base_size,
 			       buf, size, &delta_size, 0);
+	/*
+	 * We succesfully computed this delta once but dropped it for
+	 * memory reasons. Something is very wrong if this time we
+	 * recompute and create a different delta.
+	 */
 	if (!delta_buf || delta_size != DELTA_SIZE(entry))
-		die(_("delta size changed"));
+		BUG("delta size changed");
 	free(buf);
 	free(base_buf);
 	return delta_buf;
diff --git a/builtin/replace.c b/builtin/replace.c
index c77b325aa1..e879ace277 100644
--- a/builtin/replace.c
+++ b/builtin/replace.c
@@ -456,10 +456,10 @@ static int create_graft(int argc, const char **argv, int force, int gentle)
 		return -1;
 	}
 
-	if (remove_signature(&buf))
-		warning(_("the original commit '%s' has a gpg signature.\n"
-			  "The signature will be removed in the replacement commit!"),
-			old_ref);
+	if (remove_signature(&buf)) {
+		warning(_("the original commit '%s' has a gpg signature"), old_ref);
+		warning(_("the signature will be removed in the replacement commit!"));
+	}
 
 	if (check_mergetags(commit, argc, argv)) {
 		strbuf_release(&buf);
diff --git a/config.c b/config.c
index 58d076e833..736b9f23f7 100644
--- a/config.c
+++ b/config.c
@@ -1409,11 +1409,11 @@ static int git_default_push_config(const char *var, const char *value)
 			push_default = PUSH_DEFAULT_UPSTREAM;
 		else if (!strcmp(value, "current"))
 			push_default = PUSH_DEFAULT_CURRENT;
-		else
-			return error(_("malformed value for %s: %s\n"
-				       "Must be one of nothing, matching, simple, "
-				       "upstream or current."),
-				     var, value);
+		else {
+			error(_("malformed value for %s: %s"), var, value);
+			return error(_("must be one of nothing, matching, simple, "
+				       "upstream or current"));
+		}
 		return 0;
 	}
 
diff --git a/connect.c b/connect.c
index 70b97cfef6..94547e5056 100644
--- a/connect.c
+++ b/connect.c
@@ -641,11 +641,9 @@ static int git_tcp_connect_sock(char *host, int flags)
 	if (gai)
 		die(_("unable to look up %s (port %s) (%s)"), host, port, gai_strerror(gai));
 
-	if (flags & CONNECT_VERBOSE) {
+	if (flags & CONNECT_VERBOSE)
 		/* TRANSLATORS: this is the end of "Looking up %s ... " */
-		fprintf_ln(stderr, _("done."));
-		fprintf(stderr, _("Connecting to %s (port %s) ... "), host, port);
-	}
+		fprintf(stderr, _("done.\nConnecting to %s (port %s) ... "), host, port);
 
 	for (ai0 = ai; ai; ai = ai->ai_next, cnt++) {
 		sockfd = socket(ai->ai_family,
@@ -714,11 +712,9 @@ static int git_tcp_connect_sock(char *host, int flags)
 		nport = se->s_port;
 	}
 
-	if (flags & CONNECT_VERBOSE) {
+	if (flags & CONNECT_VERBOSE)
 		/* TRANSLATORS: this is the end of "Looking up %s ... " */
-		fprintf_ln(stderr, _("done."));
-		fprintf(stderr, _("Connecting to %s (port %s) ... "), host, port);
-	}
+		fprintf(stderr, _("done.\nConnecting to %s (port %s) ... "), host, port);
 
 	for (cnt = 0, ap = he->h_addr_list; *ap; ap++, cnt++) {
 		memset(&sa, 0, sizeof sa);

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (23):
  Update messages in preparation for i18n
  archive-tar.c: mark more strings for translation
  archive-zip.c: mark more strings for translation
  builtin/config.c: mark more strings for translation
  builtin/grep.c: mark strings for translation
  builtin/pack-objects.c: mark more strings for translation
  builtin/replace.c: mark more strings for translation
  commit-graph.c: mark more strings for translation
  config.c: mark more strings for translation
  connect.c: mark more strings for translation
  convert.c: mark more strings for translation
  dir.c: mark more strings for translation
  environment.c: mark more strings for translation
  exec-cmd.c: mark more strings for translation
  object.c: mark more strings for translation
  pkt-line.c: mark more strings for translation
  refs.c: mark more strings for translation
  refspec.c: mark more strings for translation
  replace-object.c: mark more strings for translation
  sequencer.c: mark more strings for translation
  sha1-file.c: mark more strings for translation
  transport.c: mark more strings for translation
  transport-helper.c: mark more strings for translation

 archive-tar.c                         |  12 +--
 archive-zip.c                         |  14 ++--
 builtin/blame.c                       |   2 +-
 builtin/checkout.c                    |   4 +-
 builtin/commit.c                      |   6 +-
 builtin/config.c                      |  50 +++++------
 builtin/fast-export.c                 |  42 +++++-----
 builtin/fmt-merge-msg.c               |   2 +-
 builtin/grep.c                        |  12 +--
 builtin/log.c                         |   6 +-
 builtin/merge.c                       |   2 +-
 builtin/pack-objects.c                | 115 ++++++++++++++------------
 builtin/replace.c                     |  84 +++++++++----------
 builtin/rm.c                          |   2 +-
 commit-graph.c                        |  20 ++---
 config.c                              |  72 ++++++++--------
 connect.c                             |  77 ++++++++---------
 convert.c                             |  42 +++++-----
 diff.c                                |   4 +-
 dir.c                                 |   8 +-
 environment.c                         |   4 +-
 exec-cmd.c                            |   2 +-
 object.c                              |  10 +--
 pkt-line.c                            |  26 +++---
 reflog-walk.c                         |   4 +-
 refs.c                                |  40 ++++-----
 refspec.c                             |   2 +-
 replace-object.c                      |   6 +-
 sequencer.c                           |  28 ++++---
 sha1-file.c                           | 110 ++++++++++++------------
 t/t0021-conversion.sh                 |   2 +-
 t/t1305-config-include.sh             |   2 +-
 t/t1308-config-set.sh                 |   2 +-
 t/t1400-update-ref.sh                 |  20 ++---
 t/t1404-update-ref-errors.sh          |   4 +-
 t/t1450-fsck.sh                       |   2 +-
 t/t3005-ls-files-relative.sh          |   8 +-
 t/t3210-pack-refs.sh                  |   2 +-
 t/t3310-notes-merge-manual-resolve.sh |   6 +-
 t/t5500-fetch-pack.sh                 |   2 +-
 t/t5505-remote.sh                     |   2 +-
 t/t5570-git-daemon.sh                 |   6 +-
 t/t5801-remote-helpers.sh             |   8 +-
 t/t7063-status-untracked-cache.sh     |   2 +-
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh            |   2 +-
 transport-helper.c                    |  89 ++++++++++----------
 transport.c                           |  18 ++--
 47 files changed, 502 insertions(+), 483 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.0.656.gda699b98b3