Subject: [PATCH v3 00/10] fsck: doc fixes & fetch.fsck.* implementation

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 14:37:10 +0000

It's been a couple of months since I submitted v2 of this. This takes
into account all the feedback in the previous thread
(https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/).

To recap, this series is mainly about implementing
fetch.fsck.<msg-id>, so you can turn on transfer.fsckObjects=true and
still allow "fetch" to fetch a whitelist of repos.

I wrote this because I turned transfer.fsckObjects=true on internally
while the .gitmodules security issue was still under embargo, but then
found that we couldn't clone various repos with historical issues
anymore.

It's now 10 patches instead of 5. I rolled the spiritual successor of
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
into this series (as documentation, not tests), and noticed many more
things along the way that were already broken or not tested for.

Three of those come after the "fetch.fsck.*" implementation, not
because they rely on that new feature, but because now fetch.fsck.* is
one of the three modes (along with fsck and receive) that we'd like to
test.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (10):
  receive.fsck.<msg-id> tests: remove dead code
  config doc: don't describe *.fetchObjects twice
  config doc: unify the description of fsck.* and receive.fsck.*
  config doc: elaborate on what transfer.fsckObjects does
  config doc: elaborate on fetch.fsckObjects security
  transfer.fsckObjects tests: untangle confusing setup
  fetch: implement fetch.fsck.*
  fsck: test & document {fetch,receive}.fsck.* config fallback
  fsck: add stress tests for fsck.skipList
  fsck: test and document unknown fsck.<msg-id> values

 Documentation/config.txt        | 138 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 fetch-pack.c                    |  32 +++++++-
 t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh | 126 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 255 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.0.345.g5c9ce644c3