Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/10] fsck: doc fixes & fetch.fsck.* implementation

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 00:13:19 +0200

't5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh', in particular the test 'push with
transfer.fsckobjects' failed on me while building this branch the
other day, caused by 'test_cmp' failing, because 'git push' didn't
print anything to its standard input.

I was unable to reproduce the failure with the usual means (running
the test repeatedly for a long time while the machine is under heavy
load), and given that this test has a history of raciness[1] with the
same symptom, I'm not sure whether this patch series does something
wrong, or perhaps the fixes[2] are incomplete.  Or the Blood Moon.

Sidenote: I found some of the error messages from the expectedly
failing 'git fetch' and 'git push' commands misleading.  Some of them
output "fatal: object of unexpected type", even though the original
and the corrupted objects are both of the same type (blob).

1 - 8bf4becf0c (add "ok=sigpipe" to test_must_fail and use it to fix
    flaky tests, 2015-11-27)
2 - five commits leading up to c4b27511ab (t5504: drop sigpipe=ok from
    push tests, 2016-04-19)