Subject: [PATCH v3 0/1] clone: warn on colidding entries on checkout

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 17:36:07 +0200

There are lots of suggestions on optimizing this stuff, but since this
problem does not affect me to begin with,  I'm reluctant to make more
changes and going to stay simple, stupid and slow. I could continue to
do small updates if needed. But for bigger changes, consider this
patch dropped by me.

v3 now uses inode on UNIXy platforms for checking colliding items. I
still don't try to separate colliding groups because it should be
quite obvious once you look at the colliding list (and most of the
time I suspect we only have one or two groups).

Since on Windows we can't really have colliding groups (no inode to
check) so the warning message is to me a bit misleading. But I frankly
don't want to put more effort in this.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (1):
  clone: report duplicate entries on case-insensitive filesystems

 builtin/clone.c |  1 +
 cache.h         |  2 ++
 entry.c         | 32 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 unpack-trees.c  | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 unpack-trees.h  |  1 +
 5 files changed, 58 insertions(+)

-- 
2.18.0.915.gd571298aae