Subject: [PATCH v3 0/7] Prep for "git fetch" should not clobber existing tags without --force

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 19:22:42 +0000

I have not had time to re-submit a v2 of my patch series to make "+"
meaningful in refspecs when it comes to tags, see v2 here:
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Given where we're at with the 2.19 release I'd like to propose this
shortened version for inclusion in 2.19 for now. It's 7/10 patches in
that series, that purely deal with fixing some test issues and a
trivial grammar error in the tests.

This is unchanged from what's been cooking in pu for months now, so
hopefully it can be merged down faster than most, and then I can later
submit the actual meat of this series once I fix the (mostly doc)
issues with it.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (7):
  fetch tests: change "Tag" test tag to "testTag"
  push tests: remove redundant 'git push' invocation
  push tests: fix logic error in "push" test assertion
  push tests: add more testing for forced tag pushing
  push tests: assert re-pushing annotated tags
  fetch tests: correct a comment "remove it" -> "remove them"
  pull doc: fix a long-standing grammar error

 Documentation/pull-fetch-param.txt |  2 +-
 t/t5510-fetch.sh                   |  2 +-
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh              | 65 +++++++++++++++++++++---------
 3 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.0.345.g5c9ce644c3