Subject: [PATCH 0/4] tests: make more use of 'test_must_be_empty'

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 23:57:21 +0200

This series is a continuation of and applies on top of
'ab/test-must-be-empty-for-master', and converts even more places to
use 'test_must_be_empty'.

There are still a bunch of cases in the form of 'test -z "$(cmd...)"'
that could use 'test_must_be_empty'...  maybe someday.

SZEDER Gábor (4):
  tests: use 'test_must_be_empty' instead of '! test -s'
  tests: use 'test_must_be_empty' instead of 'test ! -s'
  tests: use 'test_must_be_empty' instead of 'test_cmp /dev/null <out>'
  tests: use 'test_must_be_empty' instead of 'test_cmp <empty> <out>'

 t/t0000-basic.sh                             |  2 +-
 t/t0001-init.sh                              |  5 +--
 t/t0003-attributes.sh                        |  3 +-
 t/t0030-stripspace.sh                        | 22 ++++------
 t/t0040-parse-options.sh                     |  4 +-
 t/t0061-run-command.sh                       |  9 ++--
 t/t0090-cache-tree.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t0203-gettext-setlocale-sanity.sh          |  4 +-
 t/t1300-config.sh                            |  5 +--
 t/t1410-reflog.sh                            |  3 +-
 t/t1411-reflog-show.sh                       |  3 +-
 t/t1450-fsck.sh                              | 11 +++--
 t/t1501-work-tree.sh                         |  2 +-
 t/t1510-repo-setup.sh                        | 24 +++++------
 t/t1600-index.sh                             |  3 +-
 t/t1700-split-index.sh                       |  4 +-
 t/t2013-checkout-submodule.sh                |  6 +--
 t/t2200-add-update.sh                        |  3 +-
 t/t2203-add-intent.sh                        |  6 +--
 t/t2204-add-ignored.sh                       |  8 ++--
 t/t3001-ls-files-others-exclude.sh           |  6 +--
 t/t3004-ls-files-basic.sh                    |  6 +--
 t/t3035-merge-sparse.sh                      |  5 +--
 t/t3210-pack-refs.sh                         |  6 +--
 t/t3301-notes.sh                             |  4 +-
 t/t3308-notes-merge.sh                       |  2 +-
 t/t3310-notes-merge-manual-resolve.sh        |  8 ++--
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh                |  5 +--
 t/t3600-rm.sh                                |  6 +--
 t/t4011-diff-symlink.sh                      |  2 +-
 t/t4015-diff-whitespace.sh                   |  4 +-
 t/t4019-diff-wserror.sh                      |  2 +-
 t/t4027-diff-submodule.sh                    | 29 ++++++-------
 t/t4041-diff-submodule-option.sh             | 18 ++++----
 t/t4047-diff-dirstat.sh                      |  4 +-
 t/t4060-diff-submodule-option-diff-format.sh | 18 ++++----
 t/t4116-apply-reverse.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t4124-apply-ws-rule.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t4132-apply-removal.sh                     |  5 +--
 t/t4150-am.sh                                |  4 +-
 t/t4201-shortlog.sh                          |  2 +-
 t/t4203-mailmap.sh                           |  4 +-
 t/t4211-line-log.sh                          |  2 +-
 t/t4212-log-corrupt.sh                       |  6 +--
 t/t4300-merge-tree.sh                        | 34 +++------------
 t/t5304-prune.sh                             |  3 +-
 t/t5314-pack-cycle-detection.sh              |  3 +-
 t/t5401-update-hooks.sh                      | 10 ++---
 t/t5500-fetch-pack.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t5509-fetch-push-namespaces.sh             |  2 +-
 t/t5523-push-upstream.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t5526-fetch-submodules.sh                  | 45 ++++++++++----------
 t/t5541-http-push-smart.sh                   |  2 +-
 t/t5570-git-daemon.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t6112-rev-list-filters-objects.sh          |  3 +-
 t/t6120-describe.sh                          |  3 +-
 t/t6130-pathspec-noglob.sh                   |  9 ++--
 t/t6200-fmt-merge-msg.sh                     |  4 +-
 t/t7001-mv.sh                                |  6 +--
 t/t7004-tag.sh                               |  8 +---
 t/t7008-grep-binary.sh                       |  6 +--
 t/t7064-wtstatus-pv2.sh                      |  5 +--
 t/t7201-co.sh                                |  7 ++-
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh                   | 28 ++++--------
 t/t7401-submodule-summary.sh                 |  2 +-
 t/t7406-submodule-update.sh                  |  2 +-
 t/t7501-commit.sh                            |  6 +--
 t/t7600-merge.sh                             |  9 ++--
 t/t7610-mergetool.sh                         |  3 +-
 t/t7810-grep.sh                              | 35 ++++++---------
 t/t7811-grep-open.sh                         | 18 +++-----
 t/t8010-cat-file-filters.sh                  |  2 +-
 t/t9011-svn-da.sh                            | 14 +++---
 t/t9131-git-svn-empty-symlink.sh             |  6 +--
 t/t9135-git-svn-moved-branch-empty-file.sh   |  3 +-
 t/t9200-git-cvsexportcommit.sh               |  4 +-
 t/t9802-git-p4-filetype.sh                   |  2 +-
 t/t9903-bash-prompt.sh                       |  6 +--
 78 files changed, 232 insertions(+), 345 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.0.903.gab616d7dc6