Subject: [PATCH/RFC 00/11] Break down Documentation/config.txt

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:05:54 +0200

I notice a couple times lately that people added new config keys in
the wrong place, which is understandable since this file has become so
big, it's hard to see the structure of anything.

Since we have broken down some parts of it into separate files
already, this continues in that direction and moves even more parts
out of config.txt.

I don't have a well defined criteria to decide which part should be
moved out. I just did it when I see a section is getting too big, or
becomes less relevant today, or not move to avoid conflicts on 'pu'.
But if this is a good move, we can discuss this further.

I group by section, but I think in some cases we can even do better
and group multiple sections in one file (which also means they are
rendered close together). This again is up to discussion.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (11):
  config.txt: follow camelCase naming
  config.txt: move fetch part out to a separate file
  config.txt: move format part out to a separate file
  config.txt: move gitcvs part out to a separate file
  config.txt: move gui part out to a separate file
  config.txt: move pull part out to a separate file
  config.txt: move push part out to a separate file
  config.txt: move receive part out to a separate file
  config.txt: move sendemail part out to a separate file
  config.txt: move sequence.editor out of "core" part
  config.txt: move submodule part out to a separate file

 Documentation/config.txt           | 720 +----------------------------
 Documentation/fetch-config.txt     |  65 +++
 Documentation/format-config.txt    |  87 ++++
 Documentation/gitcvs-config.txt    |  67 +++
 Documentation/gui-config.txt       |  57 +++
 Documentation/pull-config.txt      |  36 ++
 Documentation/push-config.txt      | 113 +++++
 Documentation/receive-config.txt   | 123 +++++
 Documentation/sendemail-config.txt |  63 +++
 Documentation/submodule-config.txt |  82 ++++
 10 files changed, 711 insertions(+), 702 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/fetch-config.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/format-config.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/gitcvs-config.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/gui-config.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/pull-config.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/push-config.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/receive-config.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/sendemail-config.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/submodule-config.txt

-- 
2.19.0.rc0.335.ga73d156e9c