Subject: [PATCH 11/11] config.txt: move submodule part out to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:06:05 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt           | 83 +-----------------------------
 Documentation/submodule-config.txt | 82 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 83 insertions(+), 82 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/submodule-config.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index a0eaf40564..b7b557d0e7 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -2791,88 +2791,7 @@ stash.showStat::
 	option will show diffstat of the stash entry.  Defaults to true.
 	See description of 'show' command in linkgit:git-stash[1].
 
-submodule.<name>.url::
-	The URL for a submodule. This variable is copied from the .gitmodules
-	file to the git config via 'git submodule init'. The user can change
-	the configured URL before obtaining the submodule via 'git submodule
-	update'. If neither submodule.<name>.active or submodule.active are
-	set, the presence of this variable is used as a fallback to indicate
-	whether the submodule is of interest to git commands.
-	See linkgit:git-submodule[1] and linkgit:gitmodules[5] for details.
-
-submodule.<name>.update::
-	The method by which a submodule is updated by 'git submodule update',
-	which is the only affected command, others such as
-	'git checkout --recurse-submodules' are unaffected. It exists for
-	historical reasons, when 'git submodule' was the only command to
-	interact with submodules; settings like `submodule.active`
-	and `pull.rebase` are more specific. It is populated by
-	`git submodule init` from the linkgit:gitmodules[5] file.
-	See description of 'update' command in linkgit:git-submodule[1].
-
-submodule.<name>.branch::
-	The remote branch name for a submodule, used by `git submodule
-	update --remote`.  Set this option to override the value found in
-	the `.gitmodules` file.  See linkgit:git-submodule[1] and
-	linkgit:gitmodules[5] for details.
-
-submodule.<name>.fetchRecurseSubmodules::
-	This option can be used to control recursive fetching of this
-	submodule. It can be overridden by using the --[no-]recurse-submodules
-	command-line option to "git fetch" and "git pull".
-	This setting will override that from in the linkgit:gitmodules[5]
-	file.
-
-submodule.<name>.ignore::
-	Defines under what circumstances "git status" and the diff family show
-	a submodule as modified. When set to "all", it will never be considered
-	modified (but it will nonetheless show up in the output of status and
-	commit when it has been staged), "dirty" will ignore all changes
-	to the submodules work tree and
-	takes only differences between the HEAD of the submodule and the commit
-	recorded in the superproject into account. "untracked" will additionally
-	let submodules with modified tracked files in their work tree show up.
-	Using "none" (the default when this option is not set) also shows
-	submodules that have untracked files in their work tree as changed.
-	This setting overrides any setting made in .gitmodules for this submodule,
-	both settings can be overridden on the command line by using the
-	"--ignore-submodules" option. The 'git submodule' commands are not
-	affected by this setting.
-
-submodule.<name>.active::
-	Boolean value indicating if the submodule is of interest to git
-	commands.  This config option takes precedence over the
-	submodule.active config option. See linkgit:gitsubmodules[7] for
-	details.
-
-submodule.active::
-	A repeated field which contains a pathspec used to match against a
-	submodule's path to determine if the submodule is of interest to git
-	commands. See linkgit:gitsubmodules[7] for details.
-
-submodule.recurse::
-	Specifies if commands recurse into submodules by default. This
-	applies to all commands that have a `--recurse-submodules` option,
-	except `clone`.
-	Defaults to false.
-
-submodule.fetchJobs::
-	Specifies how many submodules are fetched/cloned at the same time.
-	A positive integer allows up to that number of submodules fetched
-	in parallel. A value of 0 will give some reasonable default.
-	If unset, it defaults to 1.
-
-submodule.alternateLocation::
-	Specifies how the submodules obtain alternates when submodules are
-	cloned. Possible values are `no`, `superproject`.
-	By default `no` is assumed, which doesn't add references. When the
-	value is set to `superproject` the submodule to be cloned computes
-	its alternates location relative to the superprojects alternate.
-
-submodule.alternateErrorStrategy::
-	Specifies how to treat errors with the alternates for a submodule
-	as computed via `submodule.alternateLocation`. Possible values are
-	`ignore`, `info`, `die`. Default is `die`.
+include::submodule-config.txt[]
 
 tag.forceSignAnnotated::
 	A boolean to specify whether annotated tags created should be GPG signed.
diff --git a/Documentation/submodule-config.txt b/Documentation/submodule-config.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..0a1293b051
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/submodule-config.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,82 @@
+submodule.<name>.url::
+	The URL for a submodule. This variable is copied from the .gitmodules
+	file to the git config via 'git submodule init'. The user can change
+	the configured URL before obtaining the submodule via 'git submodule
+	update'. If neither submodule.<name>.active or submodule.active are
+	set, the presence of this variable is used as a fallback to indicate
+	whether the submodule is of interest to git commands.
+	See linkgit:git-submodule[1] and linkgit:gitmodules[5] for details.
+
+submodule.<name>.update::
+	The method by which a submodule is updated by 'git submodule update',
+	which is the only affected command, others such as
+	'git checkout --recurse-submodules' are unaffected. It exists for
+	historical reasons, when 'git submodule' was the only command to
+	interact with submodules; settings like `submodule.active`
+	and `pull.rebase` are more specific. It is populated by
+	`git submodule init` from the linkgit:gitmodules[5] file.
+	See description of 'update' command in linkgit:git-submodule[1].
+
+submodule.<name>.branch::
+	The remote branch name for a submodule, used by `git submodule
+	update --remote`.  Set this option to override the value found in
+	the `.gitmodules` file.  See linkgit:git-submodule[1] and
+	linkgit:gitmodules[5] for details.
+
+submodule.<name>.fetchRecurseSubmodules::
+	This option can be used to control recursive fetching of this
+	submodule. It can be overridden by using the --[no-]recurse-submodules
+	command-line option to "git fetch" and "git pull".
+	This setting will override that from in the linkgit:gitmodules[5]
+	file.
+
+submodule.<name>.ignore::
+	Defines under what circumstances "git status" and the diff family show
+	a submodule as modified. When set to "all", it will never be considered
+	modified (but it will nonetheless show up in the output of status and
+	commit when it has been staged), "dirty" will ignore all changes
+	to the submodules work tree and
+	takes only differences between the HEAD of the submodule and the commit
+	recorded in the superproject into account. "untracked" will additionally
+	let submodules with modified tracked files in their work tree show up.
+	Using "none" (the default when this option is not set) also shows
+	submodules that have untracked files in their work tree as changed.
+	This setting overrides any setting made in .gitmodules for this submodule,
+	both settings can be overridden on the command line by using the
+	"--ignore-submodules" option. The 'git submodule' commands are not
+	affected by this setting.
+
+submodule.<name>.active::
+	Boolean value indicating if the submodule is of interest to git
+	commands.  This config option takes precedence over the
+	submodule.active config option. See linkgit:gitsubmodules[7] for
+	details.
+
+submodule.active::
+	A repeated field which contains a pathspec used to match against a
+	submodule's path to determine if the submodule is of interest to git
+	commands. See linkgit:gitsubmodules[7] for details.
+
+submodule.recurse::
+	Specifies if commands recurse into submodules by default. This
+	applies to all commands that have a `--recurse-submodules` option,
+	except `clone`.
+	Defaults to false.
+
+submodule.fetchJobs::
+	Specifies how many submodules are fetched/cloned at the same time.
+	A positive integer allows up to that number of submodules fetched
+	in parallel. A value of 0 will give some reasonable default.
+	If unset, it defaults to 1.
+
+submodule.alternateLocation::
+	Specifies how the submodules obtain alternates when submodules are
+	cloned. Possible values are `no`, `superproject`.
+	By default `no` is assumed, which doesn't add references. When the
+	value is set to `superproject` the submodule to be cloned computes
+	its alternates location relative to the superprojects alternate.
+
+submodule.alternateErrorStrategy::
+	Specifies how to treat errors with the alternates for a submodule
+	as computed via `submodule.alternateLocation`. Possible values are
+	`ignore`, `info`, `die`. Default is `die`.
-- 
2.19.0.rc0.335.ga73d156e9c