Subject: [PATCH 06/11] config.txt: move pull part out to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:06:00 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt      | 37 +----------------------------------
 Documentation/pull-config.txt | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/pull-config.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 4b1e9e830d..609b407afc 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -2549,42 +2549,7 @@ protocol.version::
 
 --
 
-pull.ff::
-	By default, Git does not create an extra merge commit when merging
-	a commit that is a descendant of the current commit. Instead, the
-	tip of the current branch is fast-forwarded. When set to `false`,
-	this variable tells Git to create an extra merge commit in such
-	a case (equivalent to giving the `--no-ff` option from the command
-	line). When set to `only`, only such fast-forward merges are
-	allowed (equivalent to giving the `--ff-only` option from the
-	command line). This setting overrides `merge.ff` when pulling.
-
-pull.rebase::
-	When true, rebase branches on top of the fetched branch, instead
-	of merging the default branch from the default remote when "git
-	pull" is run. See "branch.<name>.rebase" for setting this on a
-	per-branch basis.
-+
-When `merges`, pass the `--rebase-merges` option to 'git rebase'
-so that the local merge commits are included in the rebase (see
-linkgit:git-rebase[1] for details).
-+
-When preserve, also pass `--preserve-merges` along to 'git rebase'
-so that locally committed merge commits will not be flattened
-by running 'git pull'.
-+
-When the value is `interactive`, the rebase is run in interactive mode.
-+
-*NOTE*: this is a possibly dangerous operation; do *not* use
-it unless you understand the implications (see linkgit:git-rebase[1]
-for details).
-
-pull.octopus::
-	The default merge strategy to use when pulling multiple branches
-	at once.
-
-pull.twohead::
-	The default merge strategy to use when pulling a single branch.
+include::pull-config.txt[]
 
 push.default::
 	Defines the action `git push` should take if no refspec is
diff --git a/Documentation/pull-config.txt b/Documentation/pull-config.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..bb23a9947d
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/pull-config.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,36 @@
+pull.ff::
+	By default, Git does not create an extra merge commit when merging
+	a commit that is a descendant of the current commit. Instead, the
+	tip of the current branch is fast-forwarded. When set to `false`,
+	this variable tells Git to create an extra merge commit in such
+	a case (equivalent to giving the `--no-ff` option from the command
+	line). When set to `only`, only such fast-forward merges are
+	allowed (equivalent to giving the `--ff-only` option from the
+	command line). This setting overrides `merge.ff` when pulling.
+
+pull.rebase::
+	When true, rebase branches on top of the fetched branch, instead
+	of merging the default branch from the default remote when "git
+	pull" is run. See "branch.<name>.rebase" for setting this on a
+	per-branch basis.
++
+When `merges`, pass the `--rebase-merges` option to 'git rebase'
+so that the local merge commits are included in the rebase (see
+linkgit:git-rebase[1] for details).
++
+When preserve, also pass `--preserve-merges` along to 'git rebase'
+so that locally committed merge commits will not be flattened
+by running 'git pull'.
++
+When the value is `interactive`, the rebase is run in interactive mode.
++
+*NOTE*: this is a possibly dangerous operation; do *not* use
+it unless you understand the implications (see linkgit:git-rebase[1]
+for details).
+
+pull.octopus::
+	The default merge strategy to use when pulling multiple branches
+	at once.
+
+pull.twohead::
+	The default merge strategy to use when pulling a single branch.
-- 
2.19.0.rc0.335.ga73d156e9c