Subject: [PATCH 08/11] config.txt: move receive part out to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:06:02 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt         | 124 +------------------------------
 Documentation/receive-config.txt | 123 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 124 insertions(+), 123 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/receive-config.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 2d3baf43fb..ed809dd245 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -2555,129 +2555,7 @@ include::push-config.txt[]
 
 include::rebase-config.txt[]
 
-receive.advertiseAtomic::
-	By default, git-receive-pack will advertise the atomic push
-	capability to its clients. If you don't want to advertise this
-	capability, set this variable to false.
-
-receive.advertisePushOptions::
-	When set to true, git-receive-pack will advertise the push options
-	capability to its clients. False by default.
-
-receive.autogc::
-	By default, git-receive-pack will run "git-gc --auto" after
-	receiving data from git-push and updating refs.  You can stop
-	it by setting this variable to false.
-
-receive.certNonceSeed::
-	By setting this variable to a string, `git receive-pack`
-	will accept a `git push --signed` and verifies it by using
-	a "nonce" protected by HMAC using this string as a secret
-	key.
-
-receive.certNonceSlop::
-	When a `git push --signed` sent a push certificate with a
-	"nonce" that was issued by a receive-pack serving the same
-	repository within this many seconds, export the "nonce"
-	found in the certificate to `GIT_PUSH_CERT_NONCE` to the
-	hooks (instead of what the receive-pack asked the sending
-	side to include).  This may allow writing checks in
-	`pre-receive` and `post-receive` a bit easier.  Instead of
-	checking `GIT_PUSH_CERT_NONCE_SLOP` environment variable
-	that records by how many seconds the nonce is stale to
-	decide if they want to accept the certificate, they only
-	can check `GIT_PUSH_CERT_NONCE_STATUS` is `OK`.
-
-receive.fsckObjects::
-	If it is set to true, git-receive-pack will check all received
-	objects. See `transfer.fsckObjects` for what's checked.
-	Defaults to false. If not set, the value of
-	`transfer.fsckObjects` is used instead.
-
-receive.fsck.<msg-id>::
-	Acts like `fsck.<msg-id>`, but is used by
-	linkgit:git-receive-pack[1] instead of
-	linkgit:git-fsck[1]. See the `fsck.<msg-id>` documentation for
-	details.
-
-receive.fsck.skipList::
-	Acts like `fsck.skipList`, but is used by
-	linkgit:git-receive-pack[1] instead of
-	linkgit:git-fsck[1]. See the `fsck.skipList` documentation for
-	details.
-
-receive.keepAlive::
-	After receiving the pack from the client, `receive-pack` may
-	produce no output (if `--quiet` was specified) while processing
-	the pack, causing some networks to drop the TCP connection.
-	With this option set, if `receive-pack` does not transmit
-	any data in this phase for `receive.keepAlive` seconds, it will
-	send a short keepalive packet.  The default is 5 seconds; set
-	to 0 to disable keepalives entirely.
-
-receive.unpackLimit::
-	If the number of objects received in a push is below this
-	limit then the objects will be unpacked into loose object
-	files. However if the number of received objects equals or
-	exceeds this limit then the received pack will be stored as
-	a pack, after adding any missing delta bases.  Storing the
-	pack from a push can make the push operation complete faster,
-	especially on slow filesystems.  If not set, the value of
-	`transfer.unpackLimit` is used instead.
-
-receive.maxInputSize::
-	If the size of the incoming pack stream is larger than this
-	limit, then git-receive-pack will error out, instead of
-	accepting the pack file. If not set or set to 0, then the size
-	is unlimited.
-
-receive.denyDeletes::
-	If set to true, git-receive-pack will deny a ref update that deletes
-	the ref. Use this to prevent such a ref deletion via a push.
-
-receive.denyDeleteCurrent::
-	If set to true, git-receive-pack will deny a ref update that
-	deletes the currently checked out branch of a non-bare repository.
-
-receive.denyCurrentBranch::
-	If set to true or "refuse", git-receive-pack will deny a ref update
-	to the currently checked out branch of a non-bare repository.
-	Such a push is potentially dangerous because it brings the HEAD
-	out of sync with the index and working tree. If set to "warn",
-	print a warning of such a push to stderr, but allow the push to
-	proceed. If set to false or "ignore", allow such pushes with no
-	message. Defaults to "refuse".
-+
-Another option is "updateInstead" which will update the working
-tree if pushing into the current branch.  This option is
-intended for synchronizing working directories when one side is not easily
-accessible via interactive ssh (e.g. a live web site, hence the requirement
-that the working directory be clean). This mode also comes in handy when
-developing inside a VM to test and fix code on different Operating Systems.
-+
-By default, "updateInstead" will refuse the push if the working tree or
-the index have any difference from the HEAD, but the `push-to-checkout`
-hook can be used to customize this.  See linkgit:githooks[5].
-
-receive.denyNonFastForwards::
-	If set to true, git-receive-pack will deny a ref update which is
-	not a fast-forward. Use this to prevent such an update via a push,
-	even if that push is forced. This configuration variable is
-	set when initializing a shared repository.
-
-receive.hideRefs::
-	This variable is the same as `transfer.hideRefs`, but applies
-	only to `receive-pack` (and so affects pushes, but not fetches).
-	An attempt to update or delete a hidden ref by `git push` is
-	rejected.
-
-receive.updateServerInfo::
-	If set to true, git-receive-pack will run git-update-server-info
-	after receiving data from git-push and updating refs.
-
-receive.shallowUpdate::
-	If set to true, .git/shallow can be updated when new refs
-	require new shallow roots. Otherwise those refs are rejected.
+include::receive-config.txt[]
 
 remote.pushDefault::
 	The remote to push to by default.  Overrides
diff --git a/Documentation/receive-config.txt b/Documentation/receive-config.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..65f78aac37
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/receive-config.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,123 @@
+receive.advertiseAtomic::
+	By default, git-receive-pack will advertise the atomic push
+	capability to its clients. If you don't want to advertise this
+	capability, set this variable to false.
+
+receive.advertisePushOptions::
+	When set to true, git-receive-pack will advertise the push options
+	capability to its clients. False by default.
+
+receive.autogc::
+	By default, git-receive-pack will run "git-gc --auto" after
+	receiving data from git-push and updating refs.  You can stop
+	it by setting this variable to false.
+
+receive.certNonceSeed::
+	By setting this variable to a string, `git receive-pack`
+	will accept a `git push --signed` and verifies it by using
+	a "nonce" protected by HMAC using this string as a secret
+	key.
+
+receive.certNonceSlop::
+	When a `git push --signed` sent a push certificate with a
+	"nonce" that was issued by a receive-pack serving the same
+	repository within this many seconds, export the "nonce"
+	found in the certificate to `GIT_PUSH_CERT_NONCE` to the
+	hooks (instead of what the receive-pack asked the sending
+	side to include).  This may allow writing checks in
+	`pre-receive` and `post-receive` a bit easier.  Instead of
+	checking `GIT_PUSH_CERT_NONCE_SLOP` environment variable
+	that records by how many seconds the nonce is stale to
+	decide if they want to accept the certificate, they only
+	can check `GIT_PUSH_CERT_NONCE_STATUS` is `OK`.
+
+receive.fsckObjects::
+	If it is set to true, git-receive-pack will check all received
+	objects. See `transfer.fsckObjects` for what's checked.
+	Defaults to false. If not set, the value of
+	`transfer.fsckObjects` is used instead.
+
+receive.fsck.<msg-id>::
+	Acts like `fsck.<msg-id>`, but is used by
+	linkgit:git-receive-pack[1] instead of
+	linkgit:git-fsck[1]. See the `fsck.<msg-id>` documentation for
+	details.
+
+receive.fsck.skipList::
+	Acts like `fsck.skipList`, but is used by
+	linkgit:git-receive-pack[1] instead of
+	linkgit:git-fsck[1]. See the `fsck.skipList` documentation for
+	details.
+
+receive.keepAlive::
+	After receiving the pack from the client, `receive-pack` may
+	produce no output (if `--quiet` was specified) while processing
+	the pack, causing some networks to drop the TCP connection.
+	With this option set, if `receive-pack` does not transmit
+	any data in this phase for `receive.keepAlive` seconds, it will
+	send a short keepalive packet.  The default is 5 seconds; set
+	to 0 to disable keepalives entirely.
+
+receive.unpackLimit::
+	If the number of objects received in a push is below this
+	limit then the objects will be unpacked into loose object
+	files. However if the number of received objects equals or
+	exceeds this limit then the received pack will be stored as
+	a pack, after adding any missing delta bases.  Storing the
+	pack from a push can make the push operation complete faster,
+	especially on slow filesystems.  If not set, the value of
+	`transfer.unpackLimit` is used instead.
+
+receive.maxInputSize::
+	If the size of the incoming pack stream is larger than this
+	limit, then git-receive-pack will error out, instead of
+	accepting the pack file. If not set or set to 0, then the size
+	is unlimited.
+
+receive.denyDeletes::
+	If set to true, git-receive-pack will deny a ref update that deletes
+	the ref. Use this to prevent such a ref deletion via a push.
+
+receive.denyDeleteCurrent::
+	If set to true, git-receive-pack will deny a ref update that
+	deletes the currently checked out branch of a non-bare repository.
+
+receive.denyCurrentBranch::
+	If set to true or "refuse", git-receive-pack will deny a ref update
+	to the currently checked out branch of a non-bare repository.
+	Such a push is potentially dangerous because it brings the HEAD
+	out of sync with the index and working tree. If set to "warn",
+	print a warning of such a push to stderr, but allow the push to
+	proceed. If set to false or "ignore", allow such pushes with no
+	message. Defaults to "refuse".
++
+Another option is "updateInstead" which will update the working
+tree if pushing into the current branch.  This option is
+intended for synchronizing working directories when one side is not easily
+accessible via interactive ssh (e.g. a live web site, hence the requirement
+that the working directory be clean). This mode also comes in handy when
+developing inside a VM to test and fix code on different Operating Systems.
++
+By default, "updateInstead" will refuse the push if the working tree or
+the index have any difference from the HEAD, but the `push-to-checkout`
+hook can be used to customize this.  See linkgit:githooks[5].
+
+receive.denyNonFastForwards::
+	If set to true, git-receive-pack will deny a ref update which is
+	not a fast-forward. Use this to prevent such an update via a push,
+	even if that push is forced. This configuration variable is
+	set when initializing a shared repository.
+
+receive.hideRefs::
+	This variable is the same as `transfer.hideRefs`, but applies
+	only to `receive-pack` (and so affects pushes, but not fetches).
+	An attempt to update or delete a hidden ref by `git push` is
+	rejected.
+
+receive.updateServerInfo::
+	If set to true, git-receive-pack will run git-update-server-info
+	after receiving data from git-push and updating refs.
+
+receive.shallowUpdate::
+	If set to true, .git/shallow can be updated when new refs
+	require new shallow roots. Otherwise those refs are rejected.
-- 
2.19.0.rc0.335.ga73d156e9c