Subject: [PATCH] t6018-rev-list-glob: fix 'empty stdin' test

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 19:48:20 +0200

Prior to d3c6751b18 (tests: make use of the test_must_be_empty
function, 2018-07-27), in the test 'rev-list should succeed with empty
output on empty stdin' in 't6018-rev-list-glob' the empty 'expect'
file served dual purpose: besides specifying the expected output, as
usual, it also served as empty input for 'git rev-list --stdin'.

Then d3c6751b18 came along, and, as part of the conversion to
'test_must_be_empty', removed this empty 'expect' file, not realizing
its secondary purpose.  Redirecting stdin from the now non-existing
file failed the test, but since this test expects failure in the first
place, this issue went unnoticed.

Redirect 'git rev-list's stdin explicitly from /dev/null to provide
empty input.  (Strictly speaking we don't need this redirection,
because the test script's stdin is already redirected from /dev/null
anyway, but I think it's better to be explicit about it.)

Signed-off-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t6018-rev-list-glob.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t6018-rev-list-glob.sh b/t/t6018-rev-list-glob.sh
index 02936c2f24..0bf10d0686 100755
--- a/t/t6018-rev-list-glob.sh
+++ b/t/t6018-rev-list-glob.sh
@@ -256,7 +256,7 @@ test_expect_success 'rev-list accumulates multiple --exclude' '
 '
 
 test_expect_failure 'rev-list should succeed with empty output on empty stdin' '
-	git rev-list --stdin <expect >actual &&
+	git rev-list --stdin </dev/null >actual &&
 	test_must_be_empty actual
 '
 
-- 
2.19.0.rc0.136.gd2dd172e64