Subject: [PATCH v4 2/8] fsck tests: add a test for no skipList input

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 09:52:13 +0000

The recent 65a836fa6b ("fsck: add stress tests for fsck.skipList",
2018-07-27) added various stress tests for odd invocations of
fsck.skipList, but didn't tests for some very simple ones, such as
asserting that providing to skipList with a bad commit causes fsck to
exit with a non-zero exit code. Add such a test.

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh | 5 +++++
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)

diff --git a/t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh b/t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh
index 6d268f3327..cbae31f330 100755
--- a/t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh
+++ b/t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh
@@ -137,6 +137,11 @@ test_expect_success 'setup bogus commit' '
 	commit="$(git hash-object -t commit -w --stdin <bogus-commit)"
 '
 
+test_expect_success 'fsck with no skipList input' '
+	test_must_fail git fsck 2>err &&
+	test_i18ngrep "missingEmail" err
+'
+
 test_expect_success 'fsck with invalid or bogus skipList input' '
 	git -c fsck.skipList=/dev/null -c fsck.missingEmail=ignore fsck &&
 	test_must_fail git -c fsck.skipList=does-not-exist -c fsck.missingEmail=ignore fsck 2>err &&
-- 
2.19.0.rc0.228.g281dcd1b4d0