Subject: [PATCH v4 0/6] "git fetch" should not clobber existing tags without --force

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 20:12:38 +0000

Now that the tests for this have landed in master (in v3), and because
I needed to rebase these for rolling out my own version based on
v2.19.0-rc1, here's a re-roll which should address the (mostly doc)
comments on the previous (v2) round.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (6):
  fetch: change "branch" to "reference" in --force -h output
  push tests: correct quoting in interpolated string
  fetch tests: add a test for clobbering tag behavior
  push doc: correct lies about how push refspecs work
  fetch: document local ref updates with/without --force
  fetch: stop clobbering existing tags without --force

 Documentation/fetch-options.txt    | 15 +++++++----
 Documentation/git-push.txt         | 41 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 Documentation/gitrevisions.txt     |  7 ++---
 Documentation/pull-fetch-param.txt | 35 +++++++++++++++++++++----
 builtin/fetch.c                    | 20 ++++++++++-----
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh              | 27 +++++++++++++++++++-
 t/t5612-clone-refspec.sh           |  4 +--
 7 files changed, 120 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0.rc1.350.ge57e33dbd1