Subject: [PATCH v4 1/6] fetch: change "branch" to "reference" in --force -h output

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 20:12:39 +0000

The -h output has been referring to the --force command as forcing the
overwriting of local branches, but since "fetch" more generally
fetches all sorts of references in all refs/ namespaces, let's talk
about forcing the update of a a "reference" instead.

This wording was initially introduced in 8320199873 ("Rewrite
builtin-fetch option parsing to use parse_options().", 2007-12-04).

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 builtin/fetch.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/builtin/fetch.c b/builtin/fetch.c
index 61bec5d213..b0706b3803 100644
--- a/builtin/fetch.c
+++ b/builtin/fetch.c
@@ -114,7 +114,7 @@ static struct option builtin_fetch_options[] = {
 		 N_("append to .git/FETCH_HEAD instead of overwriting")),
 	OPT_STRING(0, "upload-pack", &upload_pack, N_("path"),
 		   N_("path to upload pack on remote end")),
-	OPT__FORCE(&force, N_("force overwrite of local branch"), 0),
+	OPT__FORCE(&force, N_("force overwrite of local reference"), 0),
 	OPT_BOOL('m', "multiple", &multiple,
 		 N_("fetch from multiple remotes")),
 	OPT_SET_INT('t', "tags", &tags,
-- 
2.19.0.rc1.350.ge57e33dbd1