Subject: [PATCH v4 2/6] push tests: correct quoting in interpolated string

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 20:12:40 +0000

The quoted -m'msg' option is passed as a string to another function,
where due to interpolation it'll end up meaning the same as if we did
just did -m'msg' here.

In [1] this was pointed out to me, but in submitting [2] the patches I
missed this (since it was feedback on another patch I was holding
off), so this logic error landed in 380efb65df ("push tests: assert
re-pushing annotated tags", 2018-07-31).

Let's just remove the quotes, and use a string that doesn't need to be
quoted (-mtag.message is a bit less confusing than -mmsg). I could try
to chase after getting the quoting right here with multiple
backslashes, but I don't think it's worth it, and it makes things much
less readable.

1. https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
2. https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t5516-fetch-push.sh b/t/t5516-fetch-push.sh
index 539c25aada..69f7c9bfe6 100755
--- a/t/t5516-fetch-push.sh
+++ b/t/t5516-fetch-push.sh
@@ -1009,7 +1009,7 @@ test_force_push_tag () {
 }
 
 test_force_push_tag "lightweight tag" "-f"
-test_force_push_tag "annotated tag" "-f -a -m'msg'"
+test_force_push_tag "annotated tag" "-f -a -mtag.message"
 
 test_expect_success 'push --porcelain' '
 	mk_empty testrepo &&
-- 
2.19.0.rc1.350.ge57e33dbd1