Subject: [PATCH v5 00/10] use oidset for skiplist + docs + tests + comment support

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 14:49:18 +0000

Addresses feedback René had on v4. Notes below:

René Scharfe (3):
  fsck: add a performance test for skipList
  fsck: use strbuf_getline() to read skiplist file

No changes.

  fsck: use oidset instead of oid_array for skipList

Now we note in the commit message that the skipList is re-consulted
for .gitmodules blobs, as René pointed out.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (7):
  fsck tests: setup of bogus commit object
  fsck tests: add a test for no skipList input

No changes.

  fsck: document and test sorted skipList input

Trivial whitespace change in new docs paragraph.

  fsck: document and test commented & empty line skipList input

No changes.

  fsck: document that skipList input must be unabbreviated

NEW: Now we document & test for the SHA-1s on the skip list being
unabbreviated. It was always like this, but let's say so / test for
it.

  fsck: add a performance test

NEW: Add a generic new fsck perf test while I'm at it, in addition to
the more specific one René wrote.

  fsck: support comments & empty lines in skipList

The major change this time around, we now support trailing comments,
leading whitespace before comments, whitespace-only lines etc. I went
one step further than what René suggested and decided to just call
strbuf_trim() so now we also support SHA-1s with leading spaces. I
don't see a good reason to go out of our way to ban those, and it's
consistent with other formats we use (and perhaps people will use this
to align them in some way).

 Documentation/config.txt        | 23 ++++++++---
 fsck.c                          | 60 +++++++++++++--------------
 fsck.h                          |  8 ++--
 t/perf/p1450-fsck.sh            | 13 ++++++
 t/perf/p1451-fsck-skip-list.sh  | 40 ++++++++++++++++++
 t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 6 files changed, 171 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/perf/p1450-fsck.sh
 create mode 100755 t/perf/p1451-fsck-skip-list.sh

-- 
2.19.0.rc1.350.ge57e33dbd1