Subject: [PATCHv2 0/2] Fix rerere segfault with specially crafted merge

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 11:55:44 -0700

This series documents and fixes a rerere segfault (dating back to
git-2.7.0) when a merge strategy makes the last entry in the index be
at stage 1.

Changes since last version:
  - In my last submission I only had the code fix and no testcase; I
    even commented in the commit message that the bug "cannot be
    triggered in the current codebase" and mentioned that I was fixing
    it just because an exotic external merge strategy could trigger
    the bug.  I realized later that it is triggerable without any
    exotic external merge strategies; built-in ones can do it.

Elijah Newren (2):
  t4200: demonstrate rerere segfault on specially crafted merge
  rerere: avoid buffer overrun

 rerere.c          |  2 +-
 t/t4200-rerere.sh | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.19.0.2.gdbd064c81f