Subject: [PATCH 2/3] fetch doc: correct grammar in --force docs

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 05:47:39 +0000

Correct a grammar error (saying "the receiving" made no sense) in the
recently landed documentation added in my 0bc8d71b99 ("fetch: stop
clobbering existing tags without --force", 2018-08-31) by rephrasing
the sentence.

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/pull-fetch-param.txt | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/pull-fetch-param.txt b/Documentation/pull-fetch-param.txt
index 293c6b967d..2b1fbe03aa 100644
--- a/Documentation/pull-fetch-param.txt
+++ b/Documentation/pull-fetch-param.txt
@@ -45,7 +45,7 @@ rules particular to 'git fetch' are noted below.
 +
 Until Git version 2.20, and unlike when pushing with
 linkgit:git-push[1], any updates to `refs/tags/*` would be accepted
-without `+` in the refspec (or `--force`). The receiving promiscuously
+without `+` in the refspec (or `--force`). When fetching, we promiscuously
 considered all tag updates from a remote to be forced fetches.  Since
 Git version 2.20, fetching to update `refs/tags/*` work the same way
 as when pushing. I.e. any updates will be rejected without `+` in the
-- 
2.19.0.rc2.392.g5ba43deb5a