Subject: [PATCH 0/3] some documentation changes from the beginning of the alphabet

From: Frederick Eaton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:12:28 -0700

I've never sent patches using git before so I thought it would be
useful to make a small test.

I read ./Documentation/SubmittingPatches and I sent these to myself
and practiced applying them using `git am`, and I also compiled and
checked the revised manual pages to see that they format correctly.
Unfortunately it was too late to run 'git diff --check' because I had
already committed the changes to my repo, but I don't see any
whitespace highlighted when I run 'git log -p'.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, so please let me know what it is!

Here's the command I'll use to send the messages (without --dry-run):

git send-email --to "Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>" --cc [email-masked] --cc-cmd ./contrib/contacts/git-contacts outgoing/ --dry-run

By the way for some reason git-contacts shows more names when I run it
on the patch hash than when I give it the patch name:

$ ./contrib/contacts/git-contacts 222580cb60ee64f7b81fed64ec8fbfc81952557f
Sébastien Guimmara <[email-masked]>
Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]>
Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
$ ./contrib/contacts/git-contacts ./outgoing/0002-git-column.1-clarify-initial-description-provide-exa.patch                                
Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>

Not sure what's going on here, but the changes I propose seem fairly
straightforward...(?)

Frederick Eaton (3):
  git-archimport.1: specify what kind of Arch we're talking about
  git-column.1: clarify initial description, provide examples
  git-describe.1: clarify that "human readable" is also git-readable

 Documentation/git-archimport.txt |  5 +++--
 Documentation/git-column.txt     | 35 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 Documentation/git-describe.txt   |  4 +++-
 3 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0