Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/4] transport: drop refnames from for_each_alternate_ref

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 07:21:51 -0700

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 12:58:58AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> > From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
>
> Pretty sure that isn't right. :)

Indeed that isn't right :-). I try my best to review my patches
diligently before submitting them, but here's an interesting side-story
if you're interested:

I use a script 'git mail' which is essentially doing:

  git format-patch --stdout >mbox && mutt -f mbox

So, by the time that I've reviewed the diff via:

  $ git format-patch --stdout | less

I assume that the patches are ready to send (since, after all, running
'git format-patch' more than once shouldn't change anything.) So, I open
mutt with 'git mail', write my cover letter, and send each of the
patches to the list.

It was during that last phase that I ignored the From: Jeff King
<[email-masked]>, which I agree with you is certainly incorrect :-).

I was going to ask Junio to fix this up when queuing, but it seems (from
a quick skim of the rest of your review), that we will reach v4, so I'll
see if I can't teach 'git mail' to do the right thing for me.

> The patch itself is flawless, of course. ;)

Obviously ;-).

Thanks,
Taylor