Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] help -a: improve and make --verbose default

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 11:14:53 -0700

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 08:08:14AM +0200, Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:
> When you type "git help" (or just "git") you are greeted with a list
> with commonly used commands and their short description and are
> suggested to use "git help -a" or "git help -g" for more details.
>
> "git help -av" would be more friendly and inline with what is shown
> with "git help" since it shows list of commands with description as
> well, and commands are properly grouped.
>
> "help -av" does not show everything "help -a" shows though. Add
> external command section in "help -av" for this. While at there, add a
> section for aliases as well (until now aliases have no UI, just "git
> config").
>
> Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  v2 makes 'help -av' default and the user would need to type 'help -a
>  --no-verbose' to get the old printout back. 'help -av' also has
>  external commands and aliases.

Thanks. This looks like what I would have expected based on my
recollection of the discussion earlier on v1, so this has my:

  Reviewed-by: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>

Thanks,
Taylor