Subject: [PATCH 14/59] config.txt: move commit.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:38:03 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/commit-config.txt | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Documentation/config.txt        | 30 +-----------------------------
 2 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/commit-config.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/commit-config.txt b/Documentation/commit-config.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..2c95573930
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/commit-config.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,29 @@
+commit.cleanup::
+	This setting overrides the default of the `--cleanup` option in
+	`git commit`. See linkgit:git-commit[1] for details. Changing the
+	default can be useful when you always want to keep lines that begin
+	with comment character `#` in your log message, in which case you
+	would do `git config commit.cleanup whitespace` (note that you will
+	have to remove the help lines that begin with `#` in the commit log
+	template yourself, if you do this).
+
+commit.gpgSign::
+
+	A boolean to specify whether all commits should be GPG signed.
+	Use of this option when doing operations such as rebase can
+	result in a large number of commits being signed. It may be
+	convenient to use an agent to avoid typing your GPG passphrase
+	several times.
+
+commit.status::
+	A boolean to enable/disable inclusion of status information in the
+	commit message template when using an editor to prepare the commit
+	message.  Defaults to true.
+
+commit.template::
+	Specify the pathname of a file to use as the template for
+	new commit messages.
+
+commit.verbose::
+	A boolean or int to specify the level of verbose with `git commit`.
+	See linkgit:git-commit[1].
diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 48ce01f596..59cae6a895 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -313,35 +313,7 @@ include::color-config.txt[]
 
 include::column-config.txt[]
 
-commit.cleanup::
-	This setting overrides the default of the `--cleanup` option in
-	`git commit`. See linkgit:git-commit[1] for details. Changing the
-	default can be useful when you always want to keep lines that begin
-	with comment character `#` in your log message, in which case you
-	would do `git config commit.cleanup whitespace` (note that you will
-	have to remove the help lines that begin with `#` in the commit log
-	template yourself, if you do this).
-
-commit.gpgSign::
-
-	A boolean to specify whether all commits should be GPG signed.
-	Use of this option when doing operations such as rebase can
-	result in a large number of commits being signed. It may be
-	convenient to use an agent to avoid typing your GPG passphrase
-	several times.
-
-commit.status::
-	A boolean to enable/disable inclusion of status information in the
-	commit message template when using an editor to prepare the commit
-	message.  Defaults to true.
-
-commit.template::
-	Specify the pathname of a file to use as the template for
-	new commit messages.
-
-commit.verbose::
-	A boolean or int to specify the level of verbose with `git commit`.
-	See linkgit:git-commit[1].
+include::commit-config.txt[]
 
 credential.helper::
 	Specify an external helper to be called when a username or
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9