Subject: [PATCH 37/59] config.txt: move mergetool.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:38:26 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt           | 54 +-----------------------------
 Documentation/mergetool-config.txt | 53 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 54 insertions(+), 53 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/mergetool-config.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 72222c113f..9acc42e3c2 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -624,59 +624,7 @@ include::man-config.txt[]
 
 include::merge-config.txt[]
 
-mergetool.<tool>.path::
-	Override the path for the given tool.  This is useful in case
-	your tool is not in the PATH.
-
-mergetool.<tool>.cmd::
-	Specify the command to invoke the specified merge tool.  The
-	specified command is evaluated in shell with the following
-	variables available: 'BASE' is the name of a temporary file
-	containing the common base of the files to be merged, if available;
-	'LOCAL' is the name of a temporary file containing the contents of
-	the file on the current branch; 'REMOTE' is the name of a temporary
-	file containing the contents of the file from the branch being
-	merged; 'MERGED' contains the name of the file to which the merge
-	tool should write the results of a successful merge.
-
-mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode::
-	For a custom merge command, specify whether the exit code of
-	the merge command can be used to determine whether the merge was
-	successful.  If this is not set to true then the merge target file
-	timestamp is checked and the merge assumed to have been successful
-	if the file has been updated, otherwise the user is prompted to
-	indicate the success of the merge.
-
-mergetool.meld.hasOutput::
-	Older versions of `meld` do not support the `--output` option.
-	Git will attempt to detect whether `meld` supports `--output`
-	by inspecting the output of `meld --help`.  Configuring
-	`mergetool.meld.hasOutput` will make Git skip these checks and
-	use the configured value instead.  Setting `mergetool.meld.hasOutput`
-	to `true` tells Git to unconditionally use the `--output` option,
-	and `false` avoids using `--output`.
-
-mergetool.keepBackup::
-	After performing a merge, the original file with conflict markers
-	can be saved as a file with a `.orig` extension.  If this variable
-	is set to `false` then this file is not preserved.  Defaults to
-	`true` (i.e. keep the backup files).
-
-mergetool.keepTemporaries::
-	When invoking a custom merge tool, Git uses a set of temporary
-	files to pass to the tool. If the tool returns an error and this
-	variable is set to `true`, then these temporary files will be
-	preserved, otherwise they will be removed after the tool has
-	exited. Defaults to `false`.
-
-mergetool.writeToTemp::
-	Git writes temporary 'BASE', 'LOCAL', and 'REMOTE' versions of
-	conflicting files in the worktree by default.  Git will attempt
-	to use a temporary directory for these files when set `true`.
-	Defaults to `false`.
-
-mergetool.prompt::
-	Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program.
+include::mergetool-config.txt[]
 
 notes.mergeStrategy::
 	Which merge strategy to choose by default when resolving notes
diff --git a/Documentation/mergetool-config.txt b/Documentation/mergetool-config.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..09ed31dbfa
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/mergetool-config.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,53 @@
+mergetool.<tool>.path::
+	Override the path for the given tool.  This is useful in case
+	your tool is not in the PATH.
+
+mergetool.<tool>.cmd::
+	Specify the command to invoke the specified merge tool.  The
+	specified command is evaluated in shell with the following
+	variables available: 'BASE' is the name of a temporary file
+	containing the common base of the files to be merged, if available;
+	'LOCAL' is the name of a temporary file containing the contents of
+	the file on the current branch; 'REMOTE' is the name of a temporary
+	file containing the contents of the file from the branch being
+	merged; 'MERGED' contains the name of the file to which the merge
+	tool should write the results of a successful merge.
+
+mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode::
+	For a custom merge command, specify whether the exit code of
+	the merge command can be used to determine whether the merge was
+	successful.  If this is not set to true then the merge target file
+	timestamp is checked and the merge assumed to have been successful
+	if the file has been updated, otherwise the user is prompted to
+	indicate the success of the merge.
+
+mergetool.meld.hasOutput::
+	Older versions of `meld` do not support the `--output` option.
+	Git will attempt to detect whether `meld` supports `--output`
+	by inspecting the output of `meld --help`.  Configuring
+	`mergetool.meld.hasOutput` will make Git skip these checks and
+	use the configured value instead.  Setting `mergetool.meld.hasOutput`
+	to `true` tells Git to unconditionally use the `--output` option,
+	and `false` avoids using `--output`.
+
+mergetool.keepBackup::
+	After performing a merge, the original file with conflict markers
+	can be saved as a file with a `.orig` extension.  If this variable
+	is set to `false` then this file is not preserved.  Defaults to
+	`true` (i.e. keep the backup files).
+
+mergetool.keepTemporaries::
+	When invoking a custom merge tool, Git uses a set of temporary
+	files to pass to the tool. If the tool returns an error and this
+	variable is set to `true`, then these temporary files will be
+	preserved, otherwise they will be removed after the tool has
+	exited. Defaults to `false`.
+
+mergetool.writeToTemp::
+	Git writes temporary 'BASE', 'LOCAL', and 'REMOTE' versions of
+	conflicting files in the worktree by default.  Git will attempt
+	to use a temporary directory for these files when set `true`.
+	Defaults to `false`.
+
+mergetool.prompt::
+	Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program.
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9