Subject: [PATCH 50/59] config.txt: move status.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:38:39 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt        | 73 +--------------------------------
 Documentation/status-config.txt | 72 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/status-config.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 2330acd840..b7df6a8311 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -662,78 +662,7 @@ include::splitindex-config.txt[]
 
 include::ssh-config.txt[]
 
-status.relativePaths::
-	By default, linkgit:git-status[1] shows paths relative to the
-	current directory. Setting this variable to `false` shows paths
-	relative to the repository root (this was the default for Git
-	prior to v1.5.4).
-
-status.short::
-	Set to true to enable --short by default in linkgit:git-status[1].
-	The option --no-short takes precedence over this variable.
-
-status.branch::
-	Set to true to enable --branch by default in linkgit:git-status[1].
-	The option --no-branch takes precedence over this variable.
-
-status.displayCommentPrefix::
-	If set to true, linkgit:git-status[1] will insert a comment
-	prefix before each output line (starting with
-	`core.commentChar`, i.e. `#` by default). This was the
-	behavior of linkgit:git-status[1] in Git 1.8.4 and previous.
-	Defaults to false.
-
-status.renameLimit::
-	The number of files to consider when performing rename detection
-	in linkgit:git-status[1] and linkgit:git-commit[1]. Defaults to
-	the value of diff.renameLimit.
-
-status.renames::
-	Whether and how Git detects renames in linkgit:git-status[1] and
-	linkgit:git-commit[1] .  If set to "false", rename detection is
-	disabled. If set to "true", basic rename detection is enabled.
-	If set to "copies" or "copy", Git will detect copies, as well.
-	Defaults to the value of diff.renames.
-
-status.showStash::
-	If set to true, linkgit:git-status[1] will display the number of
-	entries currently stashed away.
-	Defaults to false.
-
-status.showUntrackedFiles::
-	By default, linkgit:git-status[1] and linkgit:git-commit[1] show
-	files which are not currently tracked by Git. Directories which
-	contain only untracked files, are shown with the directory name
-	only. Showing untracked files means that Git needs to lstat() all
-	the files in the whole repository, which might be slow on some
-	systems. So, this variable controls how the commands displays
-	the untracked files. Possible values are:
-+
---
-* `no` - Show no untracked files.
-* `normal` - Show untracked files and directories.
-* `all` - Show also individual files in untracked directories.
---
-+
-If this variable is not specified, it defaults to 'normal'.
-This variable can be overridden with the -u|--untracked-files option
-of linkgit:git-status[1] and linkgit:git-commit[1].
-
-status.submoduleSummary::
-	Defaults to false.
-	If this is set to a non zero number or true (identical to -1 or an
-	unlimited number), the submodule summary will be enabled and a
-	summary of commits for modified submodules will be shown (see
-	--summary-limit option of linkgit:git-submodule[1]). Please note
-	that the summary output command will be suppressed for all
-	submodules when `diff.ignoreSubmodules` is set to 'all' or only
-	for those submodules where `submodule.<name>.ignore=all`. The only
-	exception to that rule is that status and commit will show staged
-	submodule changes. To
-	also view the summary for ignored submodules you can either use
-	the --ignore-submodules=dirty command-line option or the 'git
-	submodule summary' command, which shows a similar output but does
-	not honor these settings.
+include::status-config.txt[]
 
 stash.showPatch::
 	If this is set to true, the `git stash show` command without an
diff --git a/Documentation/status-config.txt b/Documentation/status-config.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..ed72fa7dae
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/status-config.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,72 @@
+status.relativePaths::
+	By default, linkgit:git-status[1] shows paths relative to the
+	current directory. Setting this variable to `false` shows paths
+	relative to the repository root (this was the default for Git
+	prior to v1.5.4).
+
+status.short::
+	Set to true to enable --short by default in linkgit:git-status[1].
+	The option --no-short takes precedence over this variable.
+
+status.branch::
+	Set to true to enable --branch by default in linkgit:git-status[1].
+	The option --no-branch takes precedence over this variable.
+
+status.displayCommentPrefix::
+	If set to true, linkgit:git-status[1] will insert a comment
+	prefix before each output line (starting with
+	`core.commentChar`, i.e. `#` by default). This was the
+	behavior of linkgit:git-status[1] in Git 1.8.4 and previous.
+	Defaults to false.
+
+status.renameLimit::
+	The number of files to consider when performing rename detection
+	in linkgit:git-status[1] and linkgit:git-commit[1]. Defaults to
+	the value of diff.renameLimit.
+
+status.renames::
+	Whether and how Git detects renames in linkgit:git-status[1] and
+	linkgit:git-commit[1] .  If set to "false", rename detection is
+	disabled. If set to "true", basic rename detection is enabled.
+	If set to "copies" or "copy", Git will detect copies, as well.
+	Defaults to the value of diff.renames.
+
+status.showStash::
+	If set to true, linkgit:git-status[1] will display the number of
+	entries currently stashed away.
+	Defaults to false.
+
+status.showUntrackedFiles::
+	By default, linkgit:git-status[1] and linkgit:git-commit[1] show
+	files which are not currently tracked by Git. Directories which
+	contain only untracked files, are shown with the directory name
+	only. Showing untracked files means that Git needs to lstat() all
+	the files in the whole repository, which might be slow on some
+	systems. So, this variable controls how the commands displays
+	the untracked files. Possible values are:
++
+--
+* `no` - Show no untracked files.
+* `normal` - Show untracked files and directories.
+* `all` - Show also individual files in untracked directories.
+--
++
+If this variable is not specified, it defaults to 'normal'.
+This variable can be overridden with the -u|--untracked-files option
+of linkgit:git-status[1] and linkgit:git-commit[1].
+
+status.submoduleSummary::
+	Defaults to false.
+	If this is set to a non zero number or true (identical to -1 or an
+	unlimited number), the submodule summary will be enabled and a
+	summary of commits for modified submodules will be shown (see
+	--summary-limit option of linkgit:git-submodule[1]). Please note
+	that the summary output command will be suppressed for all
+	submodules when `diff.ignoreSubmodules` is set to 'all' or only
+	for those submodules where `submodule.<name>.ignore=all`. The only
+	exception to that rule is that status and commit will show staged
+	submodule changes. To
+	also view the summary for ignored submodules you can either use
+	the --ignore-submodules=dirty command-line option or the 'git
+	submodule summary' command, which shows a similar output but does
+	not honor these settings.
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9