Subject: [PATCH 55/59] config.txt: move url.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:38:44 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt     | 31 +------------------------------
 Documentation/url-config.txt | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/url-config.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index f2c3c12ded..9f38178220 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -676,36 +676,7 @@ include::uploadarchive-config.txt[]
 
 include::uploadpack-config.txt[]
 
-url.<base>.insteadOf::
-	Any URL that starts with this value will be rewritten to
-	start, instead, with <base>. In cases where some site serves a
-	large number of repositories, and serves them with multiple
-	access methods, and some users need to use different access
-	methods, this feature allows people to specify any of the
-	equivalent URLs and have Git automatically rewrite the URL to
-	the best alternative for the particular user, even for a
-	never-before-seen repository on the site.  When more than one
-	insteadOf strings match a given URL, the longest match is used.
-+
-Note that any protocol restrictions will be applied to the rewritten
-URL. If the rewrite changes the URL to use a custom protocol or remote
-helper, you may need to adjust the `protocol.*.allow` config to permit
-the request.  In particular, protocols you expect to use for submodules
-must be set to `always` rather than the default of `user`. See the
-description of `protocol.allow` above.
-
-url.<base>.pushInsteadOf::
-	Any URL that starts with this value will not be pushed to;
-	instead, it will be rewritten to start with <base>, and the
-	resulting URL will be pushed to. In cases where some site serves
-	a large number of repositories, and serves them with multiple
-	access methods, some of which do not allow push, this feature
-	allows people to specify a pull-only URL and have Git
-	automatically use an appropriate URL to push, even for a
-	never-before-seen repository on the site.  When more than one
-	pushInsteadOf strings match a given URL, the longest match is
-	used.  If a remote has an explicit pushurl, Git will ignore this
-	setting for that remote.
+include::url-config.txt[]
 
 user.email::
 	Your email address to be recorded in any newly created commits.
diff --git a/Documentation/url-config.txt b/Documentation/url-config.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..e5566c371d
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/url-config.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,30 @@
+url.<base>.insteadOf::
+	Any URL that starts with this value will be rewritten to
+	start, instead, with <base>. In cases where some site serves a
+	large number of repositories, and serves them with multiple
+	access methods, and some users need to use different access
+	methods, this feature allows people to specify any of the
+	equivalent URLs and have Git automatically rewrite the URL to
+	the best alternative for the particular user, even for a
+	never-before-seen repository on the site.  When more than one
+	insteadOf strings match a given URL, the longest match is used.
++
+Note that any protocol restrictions will be applied to the rewritten
+URL. If the rewrite changes the URL to use a custom protocol or remote
+helper, you may need to adjust the `protocol.*.allow` config to permit
+the request.  In particular, protocols you expect to use for submodules
+must be set to `always` rather than the default of `user`. See the
+description of `protocol.allow` above.
+
+url.<base>.pushInsteadOf::
+	Any URL that starts with this value will not be pushed to;
+	instead, it will be rewritten to start with <base>, and the
+	resulting URL will be pushed to. In cases where some site serves
+	a large number of repositories, and serves them with multiple
+	access methods, some of which do not allow push, this feature
+	allows people to specify a pull-only URL and have Git
+	automatically use an appropriate URL to push, even for a
+	never-before-seen repository on the site.  When more than one
+	pushInsteadOf strings match a given URL, the longest match is
+	used.  If a remote has an explicit pushurl, Git will ignore this
+	setting for that remote.
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9