Subject: [PATCH 56/59] config.txt: move user.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:38:45 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt      | 27 +--------------------------
 Documentation/user-config.txt | 26 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 27 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/user-config.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 9f38178220..3ccf88ea4c 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -678,32 +678,7 @@ include::uploadpack-config.txt[]
 
 include::url-config.txt[]
 
-user.email::
-	Your email address to be recorded in any newly created commits.
-	Can be overridden by the `GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL`, `GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL`, and
-	`EMAIL` environment variables.  See linkgit:git-commit-tree[1].
-
-user.name::
-	Your full name to be recorded in any newly created commits.
-	Can be overridden by the `GIT_AUTHOR_NAME` and `GIT_COMMITTER_NAME`
-	environment variables.  See linkgit:git-commit-tree[1].
-
-user.useConfigOnly::
-	Instruct Git to avoid trying to guess defaults for `user.email`
-	and `user.name`, and instead retrieve the values only from the
-	configuration. For example, if you have multiple email addresses
-	and would like to use a different one for each repository, then
-	with this configuration option set to `true` in the global config
-	along with a name, Git will prompt you to set up an email before
-	making new commits in a newly cloned repository.
-	Defaults to `false`.
-
-user.signingKey::
-	If linkgit:git-tag[1] or linkgit:git-commit[1] is not selecting the
-	key you want it to automatically when creating a signed tag or
-	commit, you can override the default selection with this variable.
-	This option is passed unchanged to gpg's --local-user parameter,
-	so you may specify a key using any method that gpg supports.
+include::user-config.txt[]
 
 versionsort.prereleaseSuffix (deprecated)::
 	Deprecated alias for `versionsort.suffix`.  Ignored if
diff --git a/Documentation/user-config.txt b/Documentation/user-config.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..b5b2ba1199
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/user-config.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,26 @@
+user.email::
+	Your email address to be recorded in any newly created commits.
+	Can be overridden by the `GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL`, `GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL`, and
+	`EMAIL` environment variables.  See linkgit:git-commit-tree[1].
+
+user.name::
+	Your full name to be recorded in any newly created commits.
+	Can be overridden by the `GIT_AUTHOR_NAME` and `GIT_COMMITTER_NAME`
+	environment variables.  See linkgit:git-commit-tree[1].
+
+user.useConfigOnly::
+	Instruct Git to avoid trying to guess defaults for `user.email`
+	and `user.name`, and instead retrieve the values only from the
+	configuration. For example, if you have multiple email addresses
+	and would like to use a different one for each repository, then
+	with this configuration option set to `true` in the global config
+	along with a name, Git will prompt you to set up an email before
+	making new commits in a newly cloned repository.
+	Defaults to `false`.
+
+user.signingKey::
+	If linkgit:git-tag[1] or linkgit:git-commit[1] is not selecting the
+	key you want it to automatically when creating a signed tag or
+	commit, you can override the default selection with this variable.
+	This option is passed unchanged to gpg's --local-user parameter,
+	so you may specify a key using any method that gpg supports.
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9