Subject: [PATCH 11/78] config.txt: move checkout.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 08:22:44 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt          | 24 +-----------------------
 Documentation/config/checkout.txt | 23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/config/checkout.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 47eb119976..a473ddc3c3 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -305,29 +305,7 @@ include::config/branch.txt[]
 
 include::config/browser.txt[]
 
-checkout.defaultRemote::
-	When you run 'git checkout <something>' and only have one
-	remote, it may implicitly fall back on checking out and
-	tracking e.g. 'origin/<something>'. This stops working as soon
-	as you have more than one remote with a '<something>'
-	reference. This setting allows for setting the name of a
-	preferred remote that should always win when it comes to
-	disambiguation. The typical use-case is to set this to
-	`origin`.
-+
-Currently this is used by linkgit:git-checkout[1] when 'git checkout
-<something>' will checkout the '<something>' branch on another remote,
-and by linkgit:git-worktree[1] when 'git worktree add' refers to a
-remote branch. This setting might be used for other checkout-like
-commands or functionality in the future.
-
-checkout.optimizeNewBranch::
-	Optimizes the performance of "git checkout -b <new_branch>" when
-	using sparse-checkout.  When set to true, git will not update the
-	repo based on the current sparse-checkout settings.  This means it
-	will not update the skip-worktree bit in the index nor add/remove
-	files in the working directory to reflect the current sparse checkout
-	settings nor will it show the local changes.
+include::config/checkout.txt[]
 
 clean.requireForce::
 	A boolean to make git-clean do nothing unless given -f,
diff --git a/Documentation/config/checkout.txt b/Documentation/config/checkout.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..c4118fa196
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/config/checkout.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,23 @@
+checkout.defaultRemote::
+	When you run 'git checkout <something>' and only have one
+	remote, it may implicitly fall back on checking out and
+	tracking e.g. 'origin/<something>'. This stops working as soon
+	as you have more than one remote with a '<something>'
+	reference. This setting allows for setting the name of a
+	preferred remote that should always win when it comes to
+	disambiguation. The typical use-case is to set this to
+	`origin`.
++
+Currently this is used by linkgit:git-checkout[1] when 'git checkout
+<something>' will checkout the '<something>' branch on another remote,
+and by linkgit:git-worktree[1] when 'git worktree add' refers to a
+remote branch. This setting might be used for other checkout-like
+commands or functionality in the future.
+
+checkout.optimizeNewBranch::
+	Optimizes the performance of "git checkout -b <new_branch>" when
+	using sparse-checkout.  When set to true, git will not update the
+	repo based on the current sparse-checkout settings.  This means it
+	will not update the skip-worktree bit in the index nor add/remove
+	files in the working directory to reflect the current sparse checkout
+	settings nor will it show the local changes.
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9