Subject: [PATCH 02/78] config.txt: move advice.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 08:22:35 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt        | 88 +--------------------------------
 Documentation/config/advice.txt | 86 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 87 insertions(+), 87 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/config/advice.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index ff2d0190f6..4d2e21b534 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -287,93 +287,7 @@ inventing new variables for use in your own tool, make sure their
 names do not conflict with those that are used by Git itself and
 other popular tools, and describe them in your documentation.
 
-
-advice.*::
-	These variables control various optional help messages designed to
-	aid new users. All 'advice.*' variables default to 'true', and you
-	can tell Git that you do not need help by setting these to 'false':
-+
---
-	pushUpdateRejected::
-		Set this variable to 'false' if you want to disable
-		'pushNonFFCurrent',
-		'pushNonFFMatching', 'pushAlreadyExists',
-		'pushFetchFirst', and 'pushNeedsForce'
-		simultaneously.
-	pushNonFFCurrent::
-		Advice shown when linkgit:git-push[1] fails due to a
-		non-fast-forward update to the current branch.
-	pushNonFFMatching::
-		Advice shown when you ran linkgit:git-push[1] and pushed
-		'matching refs' explicitly (i.e. you used ':', or
-		specified a refspec that isn't your current branch) and
-		it resulted in a non-fast-forward error.
-	pushAlreadyExists::
-		Shown when linkgit:git-push[1] rejects an update that
-		does not qualify for fast-forwarding (e.g., a tag.)
-	pushFetchFirst::
-		Shown when linkgit:git-push[1] rejects an update that
-		tries to overwrite a remote ref that points at an
-		object we do not have.
-	pushNeedsForce::
-		Shown when linkgit:git-push[1] rejects an update that
-		tries to overwrite a remote ref that points at an
-		object that is not a commit-ish, or make the remote
-		ref point at an object that is not a commit-ish.
-	statusHints::
-		Show directions on how to proceed from the current
-		state in the output of linkgit:git-status[1], in
-		the template shown when writing commit messages in
-		linkgit:git-commit[1], and in the help message shown
-		by linkgit:git-checkout[1] when switching branch.
-	statusUoption::
-		Advise to consider using the `-u` option to linkgit:git-status[1]
-		when the command takes more than 2 seconds to enumerate untracked
-		files.
-	commitBeforeMerge::
-		Advice shown when linkgit:git-merge[1] refuses to
-		merge to avoid overwriting local changes.
-	resetQuiet::
-		Advice to consider using the `--quiet` option to linkgit:git-reset[1]
-		when the command takes more than 2 seconds to enumerate unstaged
-		changes after reset.
-	resolveConflict::
-		Advice shown by various commands when conflicts
-		prevent the operation from being performed.
-	implicitIdentity::
-		Advice on how to set your identity configuration when
-		your information is guessed from the system username and
-		domain name.
-	detachedHead::
-		Advice shown when you used linkgit:git-checkout[1] to
-		move to the detach HEAD state, to instruct how to create
-		a local branch after the fact.
-	checkoutAmbiguousRemoteBranchName::
-		Advice shown when the argument to
-		linkgit:git-checkout[1] ambiguously resolves to a
-		remote tracking branch on more than one remote in
-		situations where an unambiguous argument would have
-		otherwise caused a remote-tracking branch to be
-		checked out. See the `checkout.defaultRemote`
-		configuration variable for how to set a given remote
-		to used by default in some situations where this
-		advice would be printed.
-	amWorkDir::
-		Advice that shows the location of the patch file when
-		linkgit:git-am[1] fails to apply it.
-	rmHints::
-		In case of failure in the output of linkgit:git-rm[1],
-		show directions on how to proceed from the current state.
-	addEmbeddedRepo::
-		Advice on what to do when you've accidentally added one
-		git repo inside of another.
-	ignoredHook::
-		Advice shown if a hook is ignored because the hook is not
-		set as executable.
-	waitingForEditor::
-		Print a message to the terminal whenever Git is waiting for
-		editor input from the user.
---
+include::config/advice.txt[]
 
 core.fileMode::
 	Tells Git if the executable bit of files in the working tree
diff --git a/Documentation/config/advice.txt b/Documentation/config/advice.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..57fcd4c862
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/config/advice.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,86 @@
+advice.*::
+	These variables control various optional help messages designed to
+	aid new users. All 'advice.*' variables default to 'true', and you
+	can tell Git that you do not need help by setting these to 'false':
++
+--
+	pushUpdateRejected::
+		Set this variable to 'false' if you want to disable
+		'pushNonFFCurrent',
+		'pushNonFFMatching', 'pushAlreadyExists',
+		'pushFetchFirst', and 'pushNeedsForce'
+		simultaneously.
+	pushNonFFCurrent::
+		Advice shown when linkgit:git-push[1] fails due to a
+		non-fast-forward update to the current branch.
+	pushNonFFMatching::
+		Advice shown when you ran linkgit:git-push[1] and pushed
+		'matching refs' explicitly (i.e. you used ':', or
+		specified a refspec that isn't your current branch) and
+		it resulted in a non-fast-forward error.
+	pushAlreadyExists::
+		Shown when linkgit:git-push[1] rejects an update that
+		does not qualify for fast-forwarding (e.g., a tag.)
+	pushFetchFirst::
+		Shown when linkgit:git-push[1] rejects an update that
+		tries to overwrite a remote ref that points at an
+		object we do not have.
+	pushNeedsForce::
+		Shown when linkgit:git-push[1] rejects an update that
+		tries to overwrite a remote ref that points at an
+		object that is not a commit-ish, or make the remote
+		ref point at an object that is not a commit-ish.
+	statusHints::
+		Show directions on how to proceed from the current
+		state in the output of linkgit:git-status[1], in
+		the template shown when writing commit messages in
+		linkgit:git-commit[1], and in the help message shown
+		by linkgit:git-checkout[1] when switching branch.
+	statusUoption::
+		Advise to consider using the `-u` option to linkgit:git-status[1]
+		when the command takes more than 2 seconds to enumerate untracked
+		files.
+	commitBeforeMerge::
+		Advice shown when linkgit:git-merge[1] refuses to
+		merge to avoid overwriting local changes.
+	resetQuiet::
+		Advice to consider using the `--quiet` option to linkgit:git-reset[1]
+		when the command takes more than 2 seconds to enumerate unstaged
+		changes after reset.
+	resolveConflict::
+		Advice shown by various commands when conflicts
+		prevent the operation from being performed.
+	implicitIdentity::
+		Advice on how to set your identity configuration when
+		your information is guessed from the system username and
+		domain name.
+	detachedHead::
+		Advice shown when you used linkgit:git-checkout[1] to
+		move to the detach HEAD state, to instruct how to create
+		a local branch after the fact.
+	checkoutAmbiguousRemoteBranchName::
+		Advice shown when the argument to
+		linkgit:git-checkout[1] ambiguously resolves to a
+		remote tracking branch on more than one remote in
+		situations where an unambiguous argument would have
+		otherwise caused a remote-tracking branch to be
+		checked out. See the `checkout.defaultRemote`
+		configuration variable for how to set a given remote
+		to used by default in some situations where this
+		advice would be printed.
+	amWorkDir::
+		Advice that shows the location of the patch file when
+		linkgit:git-am[1] fails to apply it.
+	rmHints::
+		In case of failure in the output of linkgit:git-rm[1],
+		show directions on how to proceed from the current state.
+	addEmbeddedRepo::
+		Advice on what to do when you've accidentally added one
+		git repo inside of another.
+	ignoredHook::
+		Advice shown if a hook is ignored because the hook is not
+		set as executable.
+	waitingForEditor::
+		Print a message to the terminal whenever Git is waiting for
+		editor input from the user.
+--
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9