Subject: [PATCH 48/78] config.txt: move notes.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 08:23:21 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt       | 60 +---------------------------------
 Documentation/config/notes.txt | 59 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 60 insertions(+), 59 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/config/notes.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 35a6b4e0e0..babe2e5682 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -375,65 +375,7 @@ include::config/merge.txt[]
 
 include::config/mergetool.txt[]
 
-notes.mergeStrategy::
-	Which merge strategy to choose by default when resolving notes
-	conflicts.  Must be one of `manual`, `ours`, `theirs`, `union`, or
-	`cat_sort_uniq`.  Defaults to `manual`.  See "NOTES MERGE STRATEGIES"
-	section of linkgit:git-notes[1] for more information on each strategy.
-
-notes.<name>.mergeStrategy::
-	Which merge strategy to choose when doing a notes merge into
-	refs/notes/<name>.  This overrides the more general
-	"notes.mergeStrategy".  See the "NOTES MERGE STRATEGIES" section in
-	linkgit:git-notes[1] for more information on the available strategies.
-
-notes.displayRef::
-	The (fully qualified) refname from which to show notes when
-	showing commit messages.  The value of this variable can be set
-	to a glob, in which case notes from all matching refs will be
-	shown.  You may also specify this configuration variable
-	several times.  A warning will be issued for refs that do not
-	exist, but a glob that does not match any refs is silently
-	ignored.
-+
-This setting can be overridden with the `GIT_NOTES_DISPLAY_REF`
-environment variable, which must be a colon separated list of refs or
-globs.
-+
-The effective value of "core.notesRef" (possibly overridden by
-GIT_NOTES_REF) is also implicitly added to the list of refs to be
-displayed.
-
-notes.rewrite.<command>::
-	When rewriting commits with <command> (currently `amend` or
-	`rebase`) and this variable is set to `true`, Git
-	automatically copies your notes from the original to the
-	rewritten commit.  Defaults to `true`, but see
-	"notes.rewriteRef" below.
-
-notes.rewriteMode::
-	When copying notes during a rewrite (see the
-	"notes.rewrite.<command>" option), determines what to do if
-	the target commit already has a note.  Must be one of
-	`overwrite`, `concatenate`, `cat_sort_uniq`, or `ignore`.
-	Defaults to `concatenate`.
-+
-This setting can be overridden with the `GIT_NOTES_REWRITE_MODE`
-environment variable.
-
-notes.rewriteRef::
-	When copying notes during a rewrite, specifies the (fully
-	qualified) ref whose notes should be copied.  The ref may be a
-	glob, in which case notes in all matching refs will be copied.
-	You may also specify this configuration several times.
-+
-Does not have a default value; you must configure this variable to
-enable note rewriting.  Set it to `refs/notes/commits` to enable
-rewriting for the default commit notes.
-+
-This setting can be overridden with the `GIT_NOTES_REWRITE_REF`
-environment variable, which must be a colon separated list of refs or
-globs.
+include::config/notes.txt[]
 
 pack.window::
 	The size of the window used by linkgit:git-pack-objects[1] when no
diff --git a/Documentation/config/notes.txt b/Documentation/config/notes.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..aeef56d49a
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/config/notes.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,59 @@
+notes.mergeStrategy::
+	Which merge strategy to choose by default when resolving notes
+	conflicts.  Must be one of `manual`, `ours`, `theirs`, `union`, or
+	`cat_sort_uniq`.  Defaults to `manual`.  See "NOTES MERGE STRATEGIES"
+	section of linkgit:git-notes[1] for more information on each strategy.
+
+notes.<name>.mergeStrategy::
+	Which merge strategy to choose when doing a notes merge into
+	refs/notes/<name>.  This overrides the more general
+	"notes.mergeStrategy".  See the "NOTES MERGE STRATEGIES" section in
+	linkgit:git-notes[1] for more information on the available strategies.
+
+notes.displayRef::
+	The (fully qualified) refname from which to show notes when
+	showing commit messages.  The value of this variable can be set
+	to a glob, in which case notes from all matching refs will be
+	shown.  You may also specify this configuration variable
+	several times.  A warning will be issued for refs that do not
+	exist, but a glob that does not match any refs is silently
+	ignored.
++
+This setting can be overridden with the `GIT_NOTES_DISPLAY_REF`
+environment variable, which must be a colon separated list of refs or
+globs.
++
+The effective value of "core.notesRef" (possibly overridden by
+GIT_NOTES_REF) is also implicitly added to the list of refs to be
+displayed.
+
+notes.rewrite.<command>::
+	When rewriting commits with <command> (currently `amend` or
+	`rebase`) and this variable is set to `true`, Git
+	automatically copies your notes from the original to the
+	rewritten commit.  Defaults to `true`, but see
+	"notes.rewriteRef" below.
+
+notes.rewriteMode::
+	When copying notes during a rewrite (see the
+	"notes.rewrite.<command>" option), determines what to do if
+	the target commit already has a note.  Must be one of
+	`overwrite`, `concatenate`, `cat_sort_uniq`, or `ignore`.
+	Defaults to `concatenate`.
++
+This setting can be overridden with the `GIT_NOTES_REWRITE_MODE`
+environment variable.
+
+notes.rewriteRef::
+	When copying notes during a rewrite, specifies the (fully
+	qualified) ref whose notes should be copied.  The ref may be a
+	glob, in which case notes in all matching refs will be copied.
+	You may also specify this configuration several times.
++
+Does not have a default value; you must configure this variable to
+enable note rewriting.  Set it to `refs/notes/commits` to enable
+rewriting for the default commit notes.
++
+This setting can be overridden with the `GIT_NOTES_REWRITE_REF`
+environment variable, which must be a colon separated list of refs or
+globs.
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9