Subject: [PATCH 05/78] config.txt: move alias.* to a separate file

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 08:22:38 +0200

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt       | 19 +------------------
 Documentation/config/alias.txt | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 19 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/config/alias.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 77e45e5219..f207cae90c 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -293,24 +293,7 @@ include::config/core.txt[]
 
 include::config/add.txt[]
 
-alias.*::
-	Command aliases for the linkgit:git[1] command wrapper - e.g.
-	after defining "alias.last = cat-file commit HEAD", the invocation
-	"git last" is equivalent to "git cat-file commit HEAD". To avoid
-	confusion and troubles with script usage, aliases that
-	hide existing Git commands are ignored. Arguments are split by
-	spaces, the usual shell quoting and escaping is supported.
-	A quote pair or a backslash can be used to quote them.
-+
-If the alias expansion is prefixed with an exclamation point,
-it will be treated as a shell command.  For example, defining
-"alias.new = !gitk --all --not ORIG_HEAD", the invocation
-"git new" is equivalent to running the shell command
-"gitk --all --not ORIG_HEAD".  Note that shell commands will be
-executed from the top-level directory of a repository, which may
-not necessarily be the current directory.
-`GIT_PREFIX` is set as returned by running 'git rev-parse --show-prefix'
-from the original current directory. See linkgit:git-rev-parse[1].
+include::config/alias.txt[]
 
 am.keepcr::
 	If true, git-am will call git-mailsplit for patches in mbox format
diff --git a/Documentation/config/alias.txt b/Documentation/config/alias.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000000..0b14178314
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/config/alias.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,18 @@
+alias.*::
+	Command aliases for the linkgit:git[1] command wrapper - e.g.
+	after defining "alias.last = cat-file commit HEAD", the invocation
+	"git last" is equivalent to "git cat-file commit HEAD". To avoid
+	confusion and troubles with script usage, aliases that
+	hide existing Git commands are ignored. Arguments are split by
+	spaces, the usual shell quoting and escaping is supported.
+	A quote pair or a backslash can be used to quote them.
++
+If the alias expansion is prefixed with an exclamation point,
+it will be treated as a shell command.  For example, defining
+"alias.new = !gitk --all --not ORIG_HEAD", the invocation
+"git new" is equivalent to running the shell command
+"gitk --all --not ORIG_HEAD".  Note that shell commands will be
+executed from the top-level directory of a repository, which may
+not necessarily be the current directory.
+`GIT_PREFIX` is set as returned by running 'git rev-parse --show-prefix'
+from the original current directory. See linkgit:git-rev-parse[1].
-- 
2.19.1.647.g708186aaf9