Subject: [PATCH 0/4] index-pack: optionally turn off SHA-1 collision checking

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 22:50:19 +0000

This patch series implements what I suggested in
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

It's not a replacement for what Geert Jansen's RFC in
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
does, which was to turn this off entirely on "clone".

I left the door open for that in the new config option 4/4 implements,
but I suspect for Geert's purposes this is something he'd prefer to
turn off in git on clone entirely, i.e. because it may be running on
some random Amazon's customer's EFS instance, and they won't know
about this new core.checkCollisions option.

But maybe I'm wrong about that and Geert is happy to just turn on
core.checkCollisions=false and use this series instead.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (4):
  pack-objects test: modernize style
  pack-objects tests: don't leave test .git corrupt at end
  index-pack tests: don't leave test repo dirty at end
  index-pack: add ability to disable SHA-1 collision check

 Documentation/config.txt     | 68 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 builtin/index-pack.c         |  7 ++--
 cache.h                      |  1 +
 config.c                     | 20 +++++++++++
 config.h                     |  1 +
 environment.c                |  1 +
 t/README                     |  3 ++
 t/t1060-object-corruption.sh | 37 +++++++++++++++++++-
 t/t5300-pack-object.sh       | 51 +++++++++++++++------------
 9 files changed, 163 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.1.759.g500967bb5e